PDA

View Full Version : Sac demo passing audio!

Rick Stansby
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Well after asking a bunch of questions I finally got my old M-audio USB interface hooked up so I can actually pass audio through the demo. I want to give thanks to Bob L, Dominic and the other folks who have been guiding me through this process. By routing the two inputs to a bunch of channels I am getting an idea of CPU load. So far I'm not using any EQ, dynamics or FX. With 16 channels going I've only got a 2***37; load!

Rick Stansby
12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Now with EQ on a bunch of channels and about 6 monitor mixes running I'm using about 18%.

I know you've all been through all of this, but I just wanted to share my excitement.

mako
12-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Good going Rick :)

cheers

mako

DominicPerry
12-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Good stuff. Once you're past the hardware, then I'll leave you to the many people who actually use SAC properly. There's a hell of a lot of clever stuff in there.

Dominic

Rick Stansby
12-14-2008, 02:09 PM
There's a hell of a lot of clever stuff in there.

Dominic

I'm figuring that out fast. In a way it is a bit overwhelming, but I know after I learn all the keyboard shortcuts I will appreciate all of the control that is available.

Thanks again for answering so many of my questions.

Bob L
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Sounds like that machine has more than enough power to do some real SAC work.

Bob L

Rick Stansby
12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds like that machine has more than enough power to do some real SAC work.

Bob L

Yeah, I'm up to 24 channels with a bunch of comps and a few FX. I still haven't gone over 22% load. That is certainly a good sign. More importantly I'm figuring out what I do and don't like about the software. And I got to hear what Cream sounds like when you put crazy delays on the whole mix :-)