PDA

View Full Version : SAC Scene recall for F/X only?

DaveS
12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Not sure if this is possible or not. I was sitting here at work thinking about how to setup a SAC session for a NYE gig coming up. I mix from the stage and in general once our mic volumes are set we're good to go most of the night. However, we do use a lot of effect changes - short delays, long delays, reverb and chorusing changes. right now I have to manually make each change or recall an effect preset. While it doesn't take a huge amount of time, it still interrupts the live performance flow (I'm the bassist, so most of the time the songs can't start till I'm ready.

Scene control can be used for this type of scenario, correct? I believe it will change channel and effect parameters or do I still need to do an effect preset recall? Also -if it IS possible that a scene recall will recall a particular effects setting, is it possible to do so without changing the channel volumes or EQ/Pan/etc? In other words - an F/X scene change only? Having midi input (hint hint ;)) able to go to the effect VST's would be a way to do a program change via foot pedals and could be very beneficial. However, if all I had to do was select a F/X scene - one mouse click is definately an improvement over the currnet method I am using.

Hope I made this is understandable...

Bob L
12-23-2008, 11:49 AM
At the moment, Scenes do not deal with FX changes... only bypass switches on the channel itself...

But, you can easily setup 6 different effects on the aux buses and control which is active and how much with Scene Changes.

For very specific and drastic FX changes from song to song (or section to section), you can setup duplicate mic channels with the specific FX patched and already preset, then just mute one channel and unmute another with the scenes... this can give you drastic FX switching on the fly.

I am working out the details of FX scene control as well as FX remote control... but both require a bit of complex code and I'm still working thru different ways to handle it efficiently.

Bob L

DaveS
12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
As always - thanks for the very fast reply!

Of course, enabling Midi into VST effects would go a long way towards eliminating this problem....:) Might be easier to impliment too...

Dave