PDA

View Full Version : Life's little surprises

Oz Nimbus
06-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow, did I ever get a surprise last night. One of the bands I've been working with the last few years, "Bloodshoteye" gave me a rather startling phone call. Turns out, they were awarded over FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS to shoot a music video through Canada's VideoFact program. The song is called "Hitlist" and we'll be re-recording it here at my studio, using SawStudio basic. Shooting begins in July, with guaranteed airplay on the "Loud" show on MuchMusic here in Canada, as well as on the "Uranium" show on the Fuse network in the States.
I'm not trying to brag or stroke my ego here, it's just really exciting for an absolute unknown like me to get handed a project this big. That, and there will be a lot of headbangers out there that'll hear just how great SawStudio sounds. :D

I'm stoked.
-0z-

Pipes
06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Congratulations Glenn!

Nice to see a fellow Canuck doing well.

Have to admit my "head banging" days are behind me....but i think sometimes I can still hear the music!

Jeff

Pedro Itriago
06-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Congratulations and please share with us the stories after you're done

AudioAstronomer
06-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Congrats, I know the feeling! just happened to me recently as well :) Start with a small jazz club gig, now in talks with the arena where the Stanley cup finals are being held!

mghtx
06-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Very cool, Oz! And you're using basic to do it!?! Headbangers rejoice. Up the irons! :D

Perry
06-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Congratulations OZ! Very cool indeed. Enjoy! :)

Best wishes,

Perry

Bob L
06-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Very good indeed... keep us informed along the way...

Anything I can add to helping you with acheiving your desired final mix, let me know.

Good Luck,

Bob L

bcorkery
06-03-2004, 11:40 AM
an absolute unknown like me

Not any more!

Corgrats! And Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Oz Nimbus
06-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks very much gentlemen! I'll keep you posted as to what's going on.

BTW, a little side note: A former VideoFact allumnus was a little Toronto group called "The Barenaked Ladies."

-0z-

Oz Nimbus
06-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Congrats, I know the feeling! just happened to me recently as well :) Start with a small jazz club gig, now in talks with the arena where the Stanley cup finals are being held!

That's amazing news! Best of luck!

AudioAstronomer
06-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Tonight was actually on the local news for it! :) Im waiting to see if they send a clip of it like I asked. About a 30 second clip talking about the sound system for the st. pete times forum and the new changes being made for next season. Still in prelim talks, but things are moving along nicely. Apparently so since wtsp got a hold of it as news :)