PDA

View Full Version : ASIO4ALL 2.0 is out

AudioAstronomer
11-13-2004, 01:10 AM
for those of you who have crappy soundcards but want great latency?
http://www.asio4all.com/

I can get my laptop onboard sound to 92 samples at 44.1K with no glitches.

And 2.0 is pretty cool.

anyways....

Bob L
11-13-2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the notice Robert... this program is really something.

Bob L

Perry
11-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the link! :)

And did anyone read his disclaimer? Pretty funny......

"ASIO is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Everything else on this page, including the numbers 16, 48 and 100 is or may become a trademark of Microsoft, Corp., except for trademarks of their respective owners that are used for product identification purposes only. The rest, as well as the stuff mentioned above that has not yet become a trademark of Microsoft, Corp. is Copyright(c)2003-2004, Michael Tippach."

Only too true though! :rolleyes:

:)

Arco
11-14-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm a little unclear about this. Does an RME user (Digi96) like me download this?

e

TotalSonic
11-14-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm a little unclear about this. Does an RME user (Digi96) like me download this?

e

Erik -
Simple answer: no.

Long answer - this app is to provide ASIO driver emulation for soundcards that do not have ASIO drivers. i.e. - if you had a cheap Avance AC97 type soundcard that is often included on mobos, or an older soundcard that has no ASIO driver support this would enable you to possibly use it with much lower latency than using the MME drivers would. The RME cards already have excellently written ASIO drivers so using ASIO24All would just give you an unnecessary wrapper that would actually degrade your RME card's performance.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Cary B. Cornett
11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Has anyone here yet tried this utility with the old Sonorus StudI/O card? I plan to test it, but am not sure what sort of procedure I want to use. Suggestions welcome... :)

Cary B. Cornett
Cornett Technical Services