PDA

View Full Version : Track sync bug.

bit
11-14-2004, 05:37 AM
Have anyone else had track sync problems while using the sample rate convesion quality set at the highest setting? After working on a mastering these settings were set at best quality both realtime and build mix.
After I finished the mastering I opened another session. After building a new mix of this session the end of the mix file were totaly out-synced. I probably didn´t listen for more than 10 seconds at the time to the session in MT-real time so it´s hard to tell how it would have been after 5 minutes. Unfortunately we were in a bit of a hurry so when I found a fix we had to work on. This session had no active plug-ins patched only a sony(..ic foundry) pitch change on a disabled track. What´s speciall about it is that it has a lot of vari-pitched entries. Mostly actually. And all of them with soft-edges. 1 ms mostly.

Bjorn

Bob L
11-14-2004, 12:22 PM
There has been another report of sync issues using the hi-res rate conversion routines... I am looking into it... can you give me specifics of how to recreate the sync problem layout, so I can chase it down?

Bob L

bit
11-15-2004, 02:06 PM
If you want I can make a trimmed version of the session and send it to you in a couple of days. How large attachments can you recieve?

Bjorn

Bob L
11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
No real attachment limit on my end... but you may want to convert the wav files to mp3 and I will expand them back out on this end... just need enough so I can see the timing problem you are reffering to.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Not sure if this matters but mp3's naturally have a time drift and timing inconsitancies to them. Perhaps ogg or wma would be better?

bit
11-20-2004, 03:58 AM
I sent over the session yesterday from the TV station I'm working. I only work there tuesdays and wednesdays so I'm not reading any replies to that mail before that. So if you need more info please reply here or at one of my other adresses. I.e. bit@tiscali.no

bit