PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Freq-Analyzer

Bud Johnson
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
As usual, It's probably something I did.
I'm trying to install SS native Frequency analyzer on my little remote system for SAC-SS. The install routine stops with "cannot install Ikernal.exe" . I did install other non RML plugs, and did re-download twice to be sure file wasn't corrupted. Never had any probs with Bob L installs before.
What did I goof up?
As always, thanks in advance:)

Bob L
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I have no idea what IKernal is... has nothing to do with the code I wrote, as far as I know. :)

Main thing is to make sure SS or SAC is not running while you install it...

Another thing to be aware of is that using it in SAC Remote will not work... there is no audio in the remote stations... simply control and display information.

Bob L

Bud Johnson
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Not running any instances of SS or SAC. The error message comes on top of the "Setup is preparing the install shield wizard blah blah blah message.
It reads
"Error installing ikernal.exe: (0x10000)"
Click OK and the whole shabang goes away. I uninstalled stuffit2009 which I put in earlier thinking maybe it was the culprit. Rebooted, no-help. I'm thinking I managed to lose a .sys, or .dll, or .exe that install shield requires?

All my systems are remote now. I just meant my laptop system for small gigs, not a "remote SAC" system.

Bob L
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
That is not my install... my guess is you have downloaded to a folder that has another setup.exe from some other program.

Download the Freq Analizer file into its own folder... not on the desktop... in a folder like C:\Install\RMLLabs or something... then use the Windows explorer to navigate to that folder and double-click the exact download file... it should be an instantaneous install... there is no prearing the wizard junk.

Bob L

DominicPerry
01-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Bud, are you running Vista?

Dominic

Bud Johnson
01-12-2009, 06:19 AM
No, was able to find xp vid drivers and gave V the boot last spring !
Bob, you, of course were right. The odd thing, didn't need to re-download it. Just moved it to a different folder and it loaded fine. Must be something funky in my usual download folder. AV and anti spyware says it's clean. Hmmmm
Oh well, alls well that installs well.