IraSeigel
01-14-2009, 09:58 AM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/155860/lenovo_thinkpad_700dw.html

I'll be starting up a collection soon.
And expanding my paper route.

Ira

Pedro Itriago
01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Battery life is what, a minute and a half?

IraSeigel
01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Battery life is what, a minute and a half?

I can't imagine ever doing any critical work on battery power.

But yes, about 90 seconds. :)

Mountain Media
01-15-2009, 05:00 AM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/155860/lenovo_thinkpad_700dw.html

I'll be starting up a collection soon.
And expanding my paper route.

Ira

Definitely some options for the 'traveling RML Family' system.

I've not tried on dual monitors yet, but some way of keeping SAC on main and SAW showing/operating from secondary screen, then using either SAW-SAC link, or F-keys to switch primary app to main screen, etc - having both available on screens for access/visuals ...... :cool:

As for price - I bought my first laptop - an IBM ThinkPad 700 series, with 120Mb (yes, NOT Gb) drive, 128Meg RAM (maxed) 1.44M diskette. With a couple of options such as docking station and external battery charger it was just a little over $5K - but then that was back when first IBM laptop was introduced!! Almost half of that price for this Lenovo seems a good deal, until you look at what functions are available on $500 laptops. :D

IraSeigel
01-15-2009, 08:28 AM

As for price - I bought my first laptop - an IBM ThinkPad 700 series, with 120Mb (yes, NOT Gb) drive, 128Meg RAM (maxed) 1.44M diskette. With a couple of options such as docking station and external battery charger it was just a little over $5K - but then that was back when first IBM laptop was introduced!! Almost half of that price for this Lenovo seems a good deal, until you look at what functions are available on $500 laptops. :D

Wasn't the Thinkpad 700 the one with that "butterfly" keyboard? That was so innovative at the time, and still no one is using that design.

Ira

Mountain Media
01-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Wasn't the Thinkpad 700 the one with that "butterfly" keyboard? That was so innovative at the time, and still no one is using that design.

Ira
Actually, the 701 was the butterfly keyboard, and still part of the 700 series of Thinkpad systems, though WAY different from some other 700 series laptops. It was small, and yes innovative! But as screens got larger, the need to fold the keyboard went away, and so did it.

The one I had was, I think, the 720C model. It was about 2 inches thick, and weighed a 'ton' compared to later models. Lots of metal frame and thick casing. Really tough, but heavy. It's still working as an ACT! electronic Rolladex for the company I sold it to, back in 2000(?). I THINK I bought it in 1993? Exact dates escape me right now, though it's been 'at it' for a long time.