(bob rocks)
;)

mako
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Great work - thanks Bob

mako

UpTilDawn
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Very cool! I'm eager to find some extra time again to explore.

I'm curious though. Why did you remove the 'Clear Current Channel' option from the channel strip menu, Bob?

Bob L
01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Because it is on the popup menu for the store/recall chan mem options.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Gee..... I guess I already knew that.:D
Good thing I read your notes carefully too.... or I might not have noticed that your notes said "mixer menu".:o

Leadfoot
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
yeah.. tap delay!! I'd like to think I had something to do with that one :)

A great thing, getting better all the time.

Thank you.

Tony

Tony Marone
01-20-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks a bunch for the update BOB!! As of now I am running SAC to test it for an unreasonably long time:D probably 3 or 4 days! I will post my results.

Tony

HapHazzard
01-20-2009, 06:57 AM
THANK YOU BOB!:D

And thanks for the TAP on the echo!

I noticed that the F-keys don't have views until one of the F-Key files is opened and saved as a default.
Hap

Bob L
01-20-2009, 08:08 AM
The F-Key files check for an exact match of screen res... if your screen res is an odd size (there are now so many bizzarre sizes), then a default F-Key set does not load automatically.

Bob L

pedrin22
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Good job Bob!!!

This request is for the next update:

Is it possible to put a show/hide button on the surround panner and surround outputs?

This is to have more room on small displays and I think that it can be useful for users that don't make surround mixes (like me :)).

Thanks Bob.

Bob L
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Altering the graphics is a complex operation... everything is pixel mapped to link switches and controls to the proper function routines...

Personally, the navigation links and jumps to all sections of the module are very powerful in my opinion and I truly doubt hiding certain console sections or channels would improve the ability to get where you need to get hardly at all... if at all.

I say... explore the proper F-Key setups and learn and use the navigation links and section jump commands, and you will never know those sections are even there if you never need to use them. :)

I like to keep my focus on the code that I feel really adds features or makes a huge difference in operation.

Bob L

pedrin22
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the explanation. The F-Key is my best solution. :D

Thanks.

bcorkery
01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Bob! Is it nap time now? :)

DominicPerry
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks Bob. I have to admit that SAC does things which I don't understand - I don't even get the descriptions - having never been a FoH man. But I hope to keep up, just for the fascination of seeing such a superb piece of software.

Dominic

William Bushnell
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks Bob. I hope to demo SAC in the near future to a church I am consulting with on their sound system upgrades.

HapHazzard
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
The F-Key files check for an exact match of screen res... if your screen res is an odd size (there are now so many bizzarre sizes), then a default F-Key set does not load automatically.

Bob LThat's correct! I changed the Screen Res and ....Ta Da. F-Keys load on startup.

Learn something new everyday

Hap

Bob L
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
A new version 1.4 is ready for download which fixes a minor issue.

The green special out chase solo mode will now correctly update on the screen when switching to another app and then switching back.

I kept the version at 1.4... if you have downloaded before the date and time of this message... please download the new one.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Bob L

Mountain Media
01-22-2009, 06:08 AM
... if you have downloaded before the date and time of this message... please download the new one.

Bob L
Don't be sorry for the inconvenience - thanks for being so responsive! :)

IraSeigel
01-22-2009, 07:29 AM
A new version 1.4 is ready for download which fixes a minor issue.

The green special out chase solo mode will now correctly update on the screen when switching to another app and then switching back.

I kept the version at 1.4... if you have downloaded before the date and time of this message... please download the new one.

Bob L

Bob, thanks for your unceasing diligence.
Wouldn't it be less confusing to add a small letter to the version number to indicate a minor version change? It would be a little less cumbersome than "timestamping".

Cheers and much thanks,
Ira

Bob L
01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
On these i fix updates, its actually a lot more work for me behind the scenes to update the download database and web pages and links for a simple new letter on the file... that's why I try to keep the number the same if the fixes happen within the first couple days after a new release.

Bob L

Bruce Callaway
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Bob