PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions from a newbie

jkasko
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I recently checked out the demo and I was highly impressed with the sound quality of the product. I have an LS9 and the dynamincs and EQ on the SAC console were so much better. Is the EQ modeled after any particular EQ? It was very, very pleasing to work with. What about the compression?

Also, what do some of you use for reverbs and delay? Are there any favorites out there? Does anyone use a 31 Band EQ plugin. That is one thing that is nice is the 31 band EQ on the Yamaha and the ability to flip the EQ to the faders.

Also, is there any planned support for the new Euphonix controllers?

Thanks.

-Joe Kasko
Perfect Sound

Warren
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Not sure but I think the MC MIX is MAC only at least at this point.

Warren

mycorn
01-22-2009, 01:03 PM
so far i havnt needed any more EQ than
the the one that's in sac

likewise the DDL works great

and there's several "free" reverbs out there that work fine live

fwiw
mh

IraSeigel
01-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Use Google to find the websites for Anwida and Sonoris. You'll find parametric and graphics that are especially written for SAWStudio and SAC. Also look up Brainspawn.

Make sure that whatever effects, dynamics and eq you try outside of the SAW/SAC product family produce NO latency, or they won't work in SAC.

Ira

Mountain Media
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Not sure but I think the MC MIX is MAC only at least at this point.

Warren MC Mix and MC Control are both Mackie HUI and Mackie Control compatible, so if Bob's templates are used, wouldn't these work?

They're 'pretty' and expensive!

Warren
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
MC Mix and MC Control are both Mackie HUI and Mackie Control compatible, so if Bob's templates are used, wouldn't these work?

They're 'pretty' and expensive!

Maybe so, I saw a lot of Mac DAW stuff on their site not much about Windoz.
They are nice controlers though.

DominicPerry
01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I guess Bob will let you know about his EQ and compressor designs but I think they were intended to be transparent, and low CPU, both of which they achieve admirably.
Anwida has a 31 band EQ, SAW Studio native. And you can use the included 7 band EQ plug-in, which is the same code as the inbuilt channel 5 band, and have a few of them to make a 14 band or 21 band or 28 band, just by loading presets - every band will go from 40Hz to 15KHz.
SAC also includes a Delay/Echo plugin.
For reverb, you can use JMS Freeverb, which is SAW Native, low CPU, sounds nice or the RML Studio Reverb, which is $100 and is very versatile, although not automatable. Anwida makes a reverb called Spazio, also SAW native, can't remember the cost. No idea about the Euphonix controllers.

Dominic

Trackzilla
01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
The Karma FX pack includes a 31 band graphic that works in SAC & is free... not awesome, but functional

jkasko
01-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Just curious to know why there wasn't a shelving option for the eq on the high and low bands. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

-Joe Kasko

IraSeigel
01-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Just curious to know why there wasn't a shelving option for the eq on the high and low bands. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

-Joe Kasko

There are Hi Cut and Lo Cut on each EQ strip. Is that what you mean?

Also, the Anwida and Sonoris SAW EQ's have them.

Ira

Bob L
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The Hi and Lo Cut filters are 18db rolloff filters.

Bob L

jkasko
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
No I mean the option to have a shelving filter curve on the eq band rather than a bell curve.

-Joe Kasko

Bob L
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
No... the built-in eq uses all band pass filters on the bands... of course using a large octave Bandwidth causes a similar overlap as if the band was shelving.

The Sonoris Eq and Jon's HiRes eq native plugins do offer individual control of filter types on the bands.

Of course there are hundreds of choices in DX and VST eq plugins also.

Bob L