PDA

View Full Version : solo plug-ins?

Trackzilla
01-22-2009, 11:33 PM
It occours to me a very effective way to satisfy all of the RTA junkies (like myself) would be a plug-in slot on the solo bus.
Then you could drop in your favorite RTA plug and use a single instance to view any channel solo'ed as well as the main busses (thanks to the new enhancement to the solo bus)...one could also then drop a comp/lim on the solo out, protecting your ears & phones somewhat from the blast of soloing something hot when you just had the bus cranked for something quiet...

Seems like I recall this being suggested before, but I can't find the thread & hence the reactions.

Bob L
01-23-2009, 12:32 AM
That is on the todo list and coming soon. :)

Bob L

Trackzilla
01-23-2009, 06:47 AM
awesome!!!

MikeDee
01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
That is on the todo list and coming soon. :)

Bob L

Unless I'm misunderstanding the concept and/or its application, this sounds like a great idea for SAWStudio as well.

DaveS
01-23-2009, 09:23 AM
I guess a temporary solution you could do that on a sub-buss, right? Definately not as elegant as using the solo buss - but there are 24 output busses - probably one at least is not being used...

Bob L
01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Well... not needed so much in SAWStudio for mixing, because you would most likely be using the Solo In Place Mode... this allows you to monitor any chan or combination of chans just by patching the analyzer on the master out chan... when you solo, all else mutes and the analyzer sees only what you are hearing.

In SAC, you most likely will be using a solo bus mode... which works completely different and currently there is no way to insert an analyzer into the bus itself.

Bob L

ivanoff
01-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Well... not needed so much in SAWStudio for mixing, because you would most likely be using the Solo In Place Mode... this allows you to monitor any chan or combination of chans just by patching the analyzer on the master out chan... when you solo, all else mutes and the analyzer sees only what you are hearing.

Bob L

Complitely agree...very very usefull, i like it....sometimes i use number tracks (blackerring) for two or more tracks.( in Saw Lite)
Ivanoff

MikeDee
01-23-2009, 11:12 AM

In SAC, you most likely will be using a solo bus mode... which works completely different and currently there is no way to insert an analyzer into the bus itself.

Bob L

Ahh, yes, right...silly me...I overlooked my Output channel. :o

Yup, you got it covered, Bob...thanx for the heads-up! :)

Best regards,