PDA

View Full Version : Blank Spaces

Tony Marone
01-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Hi Bob,

Is it possible to automatically put blank spaces between entrys on the multitrack. I am using the library import feature and importing all files to the current hot track. The problem comes in beacuse a few of the tracks have audio at the very beginning so when they cue up using the control track window, there is a little 'burp' of the next audio, not unlike a broadcast cart from back in the day with its start cue a little too tight. I can do this manually and fix the problem but with this wonderful ability to import all the files at once, I thought I would ask:)

Thanks,
Tony

Bob L
01-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Sounds like you would be best to just go down the timeline and adjust the start boundaries quickly using the U key to update the ones that have the extra audio where you don't want it.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
01-24-2009, 09:25 AM
So, when the Control Track Stop entry is right at the beginning of a region, you hear a sample or two of that region before the stop? Hm.

Can you import a short silent audio file after each of the others? Can you tell I haven't used Import much?:o Or can you tab your way down the timeline inserting a short silent region after each imported file?

Bob L
01-24-2009, 10:27 AM
You should have some natural silence at the end of each region... then you can place the stop region near the end and use the Stop and Cue Next... then place a Cue Location at the start of the next... then there will be no audio blips... the stop should always be in silence... I always leave a second of two of silence at the end of each song when I mix them down.

Or... separate each song by a few seconds... then use the stop and cue next... and use a Cue Location at the start of each song... works perfectly clean.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
The problem comes in beacuse a few of the tracks have audio at the very beginning so when they cue up using the control track window, there is a little 'burp' of the next audio, not unlike a broadcast cart from back in the day with its start cue a little too tightTony, are you using any latency-inducing plugins in these projects?

Bob L
01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
It would not matter... the stop command must happen in silence... it does not stop on the dime... it sends commands to stop all the engine threads and may take x number of random ms to do so.

It helps also, when setting up playback tracks like this using the control track to keep the separate song regions separated... the amount does not matter and is also a good visual to see the song separation... use the stop cue next command in the silence between the songs and place a cue location right before or right at the next region song boundary... you will then have no audio blips when these commands are executed.

Bob L