PDA

View Full Version : Another SAWStudio Success Story

Perry
06-02-2004, 11:54 PM
OZ's success story has promted me to post one of my own SAWStudio stories. :)

Here in Vancouver, my wife Danielle Hebert's (pronounced "a-bear") new video was just recently finished to go along with her new album "Adventuriere Accidentelle" (Accidental Adventurer) .... both to be officially released June 17th.

The video features the excellent camera work (Director of Photography) of renowned writer/director Carl Bassai. Carl also has a new feature film released recently... "Emile", featuring Ian McKellan (Gandalf, Lord of the Rings).

The entire music CD was recorded and mixed with SAWStudio. SAWStudio is the center of my music production system and was a major contributing factor to the entire production of the new CD (as well as her last one, "The Alien Suite").

One of the new songs has close to 30 tracks of vocals (not counting layers), as well as lots of violins, cello, clarinet, full drum kit, loops, etc. It was huge! I don't think I would ever have managed this one without SAWStudio's layers and excellent editing capabilities... not to mention the incredible automation! :)

Thanks Bob for such an incredible production tool! :) It sure got a workout on this one! ;)

All the best,

Perry

Bob L
06-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Perry,

Those are the kind of stories that make this journey all worthwhile. It brings me tremendous joy to hear excitement from the users about how SAWStudio has enhanced their music production experience.

I originally created it based on how I like to work. The many ideas and contributions from the users about how they like to work have continually evolved the program into what it is today, and with more and more each week jumping onboard, I can only imagine what SAWStudio will be like by this time next year. :D

Keep up the good work and Keep On SAWin'...

Bob L

TotalSonic
06-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Having been the recipient of a very generous gift by Perry of Danielle's album I can attest that it sounds incredibly fantastic in both performance & recording - highly recommended! It's also a really nice showcase for the quality level achievable with SAW when run by an engineer who really knows his stuff!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Oz Nimbus
06-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Perry! I'll keep my ear to the ground for that one!

:)

Burkeville
06-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Perry,

The cd does sound killer!!

If it wasn't for SAW I would still be cutting on 2" ! I can't stand the way most D.A.W. s sound. However you are also a great engineer!
kb

Sanford
06-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Perry,
Point me to Danielle's web site I'm in Charlotte, NC and love to hear/pick up her songs/CD and listen to SAWStudio in action.

Best Regards
Sanford Hayes

TotalSonic
06-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Perry,
Point me to Danielle's web site I'm in Charlotte, NC and love to hear/pick up her songs/CD and listen to SAWStudio in action.

Best Regards
Sanford Hayes

http://www.daniellehebert.com/

Sometimes Google can lead you to the most obvious answer!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Perry
06-04-2004, 11:54 PM
HI,

First of all, thanks guys for your kind words. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate them. And I'm glad that someone has enjoyed Danielle's music... that's the idea after all! ;)

And to add... (and thanks Steve for posting the website address) Danielle is just uploading the new site right now. The whole site is being redone to showcase the new CD, including English lyric translations of the new French record. So... it might be down for a few minutes at odd times while she makes the changes.

Thanks Sanford... You can link through the website or here is the email address: danielleplays@hotmail.com

If you want to order you can link directly to the distributor from the "contact us" page. http://www.festival.bc.ca/ ...then go to their "Catalouge" page and type in Danielle Hebert to order.

Thanks again! :)

Perry

Perry
06-04-2004, 11:59 PM
AND... make no mistake about it Bob, SAWStudio has definitely enhanced my music production experience!!! :)

I'm always bragging about SAWStudio and trying to get other guys to have a look at it. Just yesterday I had a friend over that works on one of the "other" well known DAW systems. He had never seen SAWStudio up close (but knew of it).

I showed him a few things and he was very impressed. His comments were quite interesting. He said something to the effect that his program was just now getting to where it would do certain things that it should be able to do.. things that made sense.... They were just adding these things now, but he said he got the idea that this guy (meaning Bob) had been way ahead of the rest!

And... Looking at SAWStudio's routing and general layout, he said that it all just made a lot of sense to him.

I just smiled and said, "Yep! It sure does!" ;)

Thanks again!!! :)

Perry

Bob L
06-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Perry,

Glad to see more and more people starting to finally come around to looking at new possibilities. :)

Bob L

Perry
06-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Bob,

YA! I think the time is now for SAWStudio. People are starting to get used to the whole idea of DAWS and digital recording and are less inclined to simply believe the hype and instead are starting to look a little deeper in terms of what a program actually offers.. at least some people anyway. ;)

All the Best,

Perry

Sanford
06-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Perry,
Nice video and what a voice!! Looking forward to more.

Best regards,
Sanford

Perry
06-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Perry,
Nice video and what a voice!! Looking forward to more.

Best regards,
Sanford

Thanks Sanford... more soon! :)

All the best,

perry