PDA

View Full Version : SAC and SAW doing reheasel

sebastiandybing
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi Bob
I am in the middle of a rehearsel using SAC and SAW:),
its a eye opner for me, SAC runs perfect and the SAC/SAW connection
has been a live saver. e.g. the light people is behind sheldule they came
and ask me I could do a multitrack recording...no problem, just made a sac cue with all inputs resiving from SAW for there night reheasel.

eventhough SAC runs like a sports car.
I do have some quistions.

1. I do have some problem with the VCA style fader when hitting the
left+right mouse, the problem is that the conneted input faders don´t
react when doing so. the big problem is then how to eliminate the fader
offset. Maybe the left+right option should be turned of for the vca faders ?

2. Another thing is the output + VCA numbering, I find it a little confusing
that the VCA numbering continue where the output numbers stop.
to me it would be more logical to restart the vca numbering.
like out 1-8 vca 1-16.

3. I miss a vca option for handling output channels, I would love to
control all my FOH outputs with one fader, and all monitor sends with one fader.

4. In the scene option it could be handy to select output and VAC channels seperatly. I like to have my outputs isolated from all scenes but still want to be able to save the vca´s.

Sebastian

Bob L
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
The next version has preset latches in the popup group menu which will allow you to set all master outs into a latch group that then allows any one of them to be the master for the whole group without having to select anything... you'll like this new feature once you see how it works.

I guess I could think about the renumber scheme for the subs... let me look into the idea for the new graphics set.

The left-right reset was purposely disconnected from the latched group so you could use the power of offsetting the latch fader itself from the input faders it controls... it can be interesting to set the faders where you like them... then position the latch master at zero... then you can always tell how far off the mark you have moved them because the latch is now relative to the zero default... other uses also as you think about it more.

You can always use the Alt-Key to de-latch any fader from the group... including the master latch itself.

I will look at an option to separate master outs and sub outs in the scene properties.

Bob L

Bob L
01-29-2009, 12:22 AM
The idea of assigning a scene to only affect VCA Out subs is already there... sorry I did not realize it earlier...

You would crearte a partial channel scene by first selecting only the VCA outs and then select the Out option in the Scene Properties... so even though the Out option includes all outputs... the partial chan selection would ignore the unselected Master outs... if in fact that is what you were asking for. :)

Bob L

sebastiandybing
01-29-2009, 12:37 AM
That is what I am looking for, ...after a secound thought, then I have to
select more and more channels when the show involve...I guess.

Sebastian

sebastiandybing
01-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Ohhh, another thing is that I ended up working more or less in the
F mixer view.
The only thing is the small faders...would a FL mixer be a possibility,
like L for long faders:):D
Sebastian

Trackzilla
01-29-2009, 02:22 AM
I usually find myself making an f mixer at the bottom, the full width of my primary display, and shortening it to only display the faders & chan names, killing the zoom mixer, and putting a wide mixer on my second monitor...Pre&post effects boxes shrunk to only a few items, the effects selection box, scene selector, and the SAC delay in tap mode live above the fmixer, and other effects are set to pop onto the second monitor as they are called. Then I rarely need to leave that view, and I navigate mostly by a combination of the scroll wheel, mouse, & kbrd...coarse volume gets hit with the mouse at the fview, fine adjustments are done on the wide or with the up/down keys as my KVM drawer includes a handy set of arrow keys at the bottom under the redundant little ball mouse (I got an HP TFT5600 RKM from ebay for $50, it rocks).

Bob L
01-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Sebastian... get comfortable with the Exploded mixer view if you are going to live in the Full Mixer view... double-click the F-Mixer label area to popup the E mixer for a quick fader adjustment... then right-click to put it away... or keep one Zoom mixer view on the side and use the F-mixer for quick jumps to channels and then grab the controls on the Z-Mixer module that has chased you... in reality... don't try mixing with the F-Mixer faders... they are more used for a visual overview of the whole mix, not for tweaking the mix.

And... get comfortable with clicking beside the large fader to trim the fader up or down by small increments.

Or... don't forget about the up/dwn arrow keys... just click on any chan in the F-Mixer and adjust the fader by the up/dwn arrow keys.

Or... try one Bejringer BCF2000 midi controller set to chase in the navigation options and jump around the F-Mixer and grab the first fader for adjustments.

Bob L