PDA

View Full Version : What the H E DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS !!!

Tony Marone
02-03-2009, 08:54 PM
It is incredibly quiet in here! Is there something about SAC 1.5 that is causing this? Usually after an update there is a lot of chatter from the troops - what gives?

I, for one am enjoying exploring Bob's latest vision!:)

Tony

Trackzilla
02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm still recovering/analyzing/rebuilding after this weekends shows I didn't mention it till I was certain I've found & eliminated the cause.
Friday I had...difficulties to overcome.
All audio would drop out for some 2 seconds or so.
Everything looked fine in SAC, in & out, no dropped buffers, etc...but dammit if all audio out to mains & monitors was intermittent. It started occasionally, then rapidly escalated to often...time for a set break!
The house DJ took over while I routed outputs back into some inputs rather than the house amps & began running some playback to my phones & pokin around in the converter rack
At first I suspected a bad wordclock cable, but after changing them out the problem was still evident
It seems one of my MOTU2408s was dropping output occasionally.
I brought a spare 2408...swapped it out, and everything was fine after that & for Saturdays show...
Luckily the band was very understanding, and to my & SAC's credit insisted that despite the problems it was without hesitation the best sound they'd ever had, and were in fact very impressed with my ability to analyze & recover from THAT level of difficulty.
Back home I've been testing the offending unit trying to come up with some way top be sure it won't happen again, but here it's performing flawlessly.
So that's where my brain has been mostly.

Version 1.5 rocks!
Anyone here have someone they don't like that wants a used 2408MKll? ;)

Bud Johnson
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
A friend of mine had trouble with his PA at a club over the weekend. It would shut down, refuse to come on, then run, quit..............
When he got it home it works fine!
Not to steal thunder from another thread, but could it have been the supplied power? As in the load was consistent, but supply was not?
(It's been a powerful week:rolleyes:)

sebastiandybing
02-04-2009, 01:36 AM
I find the new update very good, both the new shortcuts and in special
the new latch group function:),
Sebastian

DominicPerry
02-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Bob keeps adding functions I don't understand, don't know what they do. My head is full. Good job I'm not a FoH man. Good luck to all you guys that are. I'm going to sit in the corner with my bass and play one note at a time.:)

Dominic

Warren
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Bob keeps adding functions I don't understand, don't know what they do. My head is full. Good job I'm not a FoH man. Good luck to all you guys that are. I'm going to sit in the corner with my bass and play one note at a time.:)

Dominic

Just don't let it get to the point where your only playing 1/4 notes :D

jazzboxmaker
02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I like whole notes they look so happy and you have more time to figure them out as long as they don't have any of those pesky dots or accidental stuff I mean if you use a pencil you can correct it and you won't have any accident:)

Trackzilla
02-06-2009, 01:52 AM
and remember...if you screw up, jam a bunch more notes in there, repeat it two more times, then resolve

people will say 'how does he come up with those wild riffs'
:D