PDA

View Full Version : Aux Sends

pedrin22
02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Bob:

I think that have mute/solo buttons on aux sends can be useful.

Please comment about it.

Thanks.

DominicPerry
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
You can turn them off (ie mute) by turning the aux send off on the input channel, or by muting the return channel itself. Likewise you can solo the return channel or hottrack-solo the return.
You can also solo the send at the input channel by clicking on the aux number text (1,2,3,4,5 or 6) and choosing Solo Aux Mix Out-Device - it's behaviour changes depending upon the solo mode you have chosen from the Mixer menu.
Does this do what you want, or am I missing something?

Dominic

Bob L
02-04-2009, 11:29 AM
You already have a mute switch labeled as In/Out... the need for an individual send solo seems redundent since you can simply solo the chan itself... matching the solo mode to pre or pst aux send.

I am considering a solo switch for the aux master send to allow you to hear the group mix itself... but in most cases you already have that also, since the aux master most likely feeds the return chan below it which has its own solo switch to hear just the send/ret group mix.

Bob L

Warren
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Bob:

When might we expect the Delay's and EQ's on FOH and Monitor outs?
Next revision or a few down the road?
Oh and thanks for all the nice updates to SAC thus far.

Chris

Bob L
02-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm starting to add the code in now... but I first want to get the new SAWStudio and MWS version out... so there will probably be a short delay in between.

Bob L

pedrin22
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
You already have a mute switch labeled as In/Out... the need for an individual send solo seems redundent since you can simply solo the chan itself... matching the solo mode to pre or pst aux send.

I am considering a solo switch for the aux master send to allow you to hear the group mix itself... but in most cases you already have that also, since the aux master most likely feeds the return chan below it which has its own solo switch to hear just the send/ret group mix.

Bob L

This is my request: a solo switch for the aux master send...i'm a newbie in SAC and the FOH world, but I know that many analog mixers have a solo switch on aux master sends.

Thank you, Bob...you're a genius.

Sorry for my english...:(

DominicPerry
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry, I was mostly talking rubbish. Well, I was talking about SAW, not SAC. Please ignore my earlier post.:o

Dominic

Iain Westland
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
bloody bass players:D

steel53
02-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Speaking of Aux send/returns. I may be missing something here. I'm using an external FX processor running it thru aux 2. I'm sending the signal out from one of my ADA's outputs and returning to an input on the ADA. Is the only way to mute the FX is to go the aux send on the FOH and mute it or is there something I'm not doing? I haven't tried it with the VST's yet. Also I'm sending vocals to a group mix in the output console and then to a main output. I notice a reduction in the signal compared to sending them directly to an output. Is this right? I've noticed this on my Analog board too.

Bob L
02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
You are most likely returning the FX into the Return chan input under the Aux Send master or into another Input channel... either way, you can mute the return using the associated mute switch.

If the sub fader is set to zero db, there should be no signal level difference when routing thru a sub and then to a Master Out.

Bob L