PDA

View Full Version : direct out/insert points

Trackzilla
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
ok...I know the whole point is to keep everything IN the box, but am I the only one with a desire for more ways to get signal back out?

It might be nice to have link points similar to those used for SAW link that can be assigned to feed direct outs.

two reasons:
1. eradication of splitter snake for those of us with enough unused outs in the converters (I.E. I will be providing Monitorworld with SAC, but talent provides FOH engineer & he has to have a Heritage or he'll throw his bottle of Jack)

2. the same FOH guy decides SAC looks like fun on the next gig, but only if he can hook in his Distressor on the Vox, and use his M-2000 which has all his presets.

thoughts?

Bob L
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Well... the aux sends and returns can be used as an insert point for hardware effects processing.

As far as a split, I explored that for someone else a few nights ago here... you can use one of the monitor mixers set to a src tap to do a simple 16 chan split just by assigning 16 chans panned left/right to the 8 master stereo outs... then you can use another to get the next 16 and so forth... seems to work fine... and you can adjust the output fader level to feed either line level or mic level split ins on the hardware console you are feeding.

Bob L

Trackzilla
02-06-2009, 01:49 AM
sure...that'd work & hadn't occoured to me
so in essence consuming one monitor console yields 16 fully definable splits & you can even do rather advanced treatment to them if desired...

and I simply didn't see the output assign on the return chans
I better RTFM again lol

As usual, Happy! It's in there already!