PDA

View Full Version : oddities

Trackzilla
02-17-2009, 01:58 AM
these things might not qualify as 'bugs' per se, but here's a few odd things I've seen since installing 1.5:

The delay module also has a 'tap mode' option in the feedback drop down menu, it might have been that way in 1.4 too & I just didn't notice til now. This one calls the tap dialog just like the other one, with the same instructions as on the delay time one, but simply locks everything out until you hit the escape key, and otherwise does nothing...?

The delay module seems to lock up it's tap mode in SAC when I am multitracking a show with SAW, it just stops working after a few minutes...If I'm just using SAC without recording, everything's fine. I just occoured to me to see if copying the new delay module to overwrite the old one in SAW will help...but shouldn't they be completely discrete anyway? Anyone else experience this?

When I open SAC 1.5, the default display gives me a wide mixer in the size format of an output channel, but with the partial content of an input channel. This self corrects if I switch to an output or return channel & then back to an input channel...re-saving my default f-key & mix template views after that fixed this permanently.

the 'SAC output splitter snake' template I created with 1.4 was broken somehow when I installed 1.5, loading it freezes SAC & BSOD me. Rebuilding that from scratch fixed it. All other templates were fine.

Bob L
02-17-2009, 08:32 AM
All good finds... the extra tap mode in the feedback should not be there... and I thought I had the Wide Mixer mixed size fixed... but apparently not when you save the F-Key while on an Out or Return chan as the default...

Oh well... :)

Bob L

Bob L
02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok... I re-designed the echo Tap Mode... works a little differently now and should eliminate these issues.

You now select it for each channel with a switch/light to activate it... then there are a few ways to tap... you can leave it active all the time and come back and tap a new delay on the fly.

You can use the mouse to double-click in a small zone on the plugin itself... or you can use any of the arrow keys or the spacebar... or any combination of two of those keys for very short delay times, like doing a flam on the drums.

Seems to work good. I will be releasing it in a new SAWStudioBasic update. Then it will follow in SAC and SAWStudio Full and Lite.

You will actually be able to download the SAWStudioBasic Demo and take the echo module out for use with SAC now.

Bob L

Leadfoot
02-18-2009, 04:57 AM
:) Very nice, Thank you :)

Tony

Trackzilla
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Thank you!
Perfect for live use now!
I will add a disc with several other delay plugs at the at the foot of my 'St. Bob, Replacer of other Software' shrine.

Heh...with the coming 15 band graphics you mentioned, if you get a native versions of a convolution 'verb, a loudspeaker management system, and a transient designer in your lineup then I simply won't need anything at all that you don't provide!

ok...mics, amps, speakers & talent obviously excepted...so far ;)

gdougherty
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Thank you!
Perfect for live use now!
I will add a disc with several other delay plugs at the at the foot of my 'St. Bob, Replacer of other Software' shrine.

Heh...with the coming 15 band graphics you mentioned, if you get a native versions of a convolution 'verb, a loudspeaker management system, and a transient designer in your lineup then I simply won't need anything at all that you don't provide!

ok...mics, amps, speakers & talent obviously excepted...so far ;)

Loudspeaker management seems like the perfect next add-on to this kind of setup. If it's stable enough to run the mix, the added load to do crossovers in a virtual rack after the master outputs doesn't seem unworkable.

mycorn
02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
you can do this now if you have the outs available

the shelving filters on the existing EQ plug
work fine

saved buying a sub processor...

the pending time align and EQ on the outs will only simplify this