PDA

View Full Version : SoundFileView?

bertie
06-03-2004, 04:19 AM
hi Bob,

listen, why when i want to zoom in on SoundFileView during the playback the cursor on the SoundFileView stops! (it let's me zoom+ until 256 samples/pixel and not below) Is this a Bug?
I need the cursor on the SoundFileView to run below 256 to find a precise spot for adjustement and fixes of waves.

thanks
Bertie (lifetime SawStudio user)
:)

Bob L
06-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Bertie,

Not a bug... a design decision...

I found that when zoomed in below 256 the cursor moves so fast that its useless to see anything anyway... and all that happens is the screen is constantly updating and spending all its time flashing and scrolling wildly.

So, the design works this way freezing the cursor so you can make detailed adjustments to an edit point by toggling the playback on and off to listen and the screen stays fixed, allowing you to make a slight adjustment and listen again.

If this were any different and you were zoomed way in to find a critical position, the moment you started playback, the screen would jump and you would loose your place and have to start scrolling around to find it again.

Bob L

bcorkery
06-03-2004, 11:36 AM
freezing the cursor so you can make detailed adjustments to an edit point by toggling the playback on and off to listen and the screen stays fixed

Bertie,

This works great for tight edits. Sometimes I even toggle the zero crossing OFF and cut close to the zero crossing point on both sides of the edit and if it's not perfectly clean, which it usually is, I slap a little soft edge on the edit and we're back in over drive!

Bill :cool:

Alex_G
06-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Bertie,

Are you aware of the shift+T trick?

You can transfer the cursor to the right position without stop your playback, this is a great feature!

Alex G.