PDA

View Full Version : Using SAC as a monitor processor

905shmick
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Has anyone used SAC to replicate the features of something like a Rane monitor processor?

http://www.rane.com/mm42.html

The being to have SAC provide the type of protection that an external processor like the above mentioned Rane processor would.

Bob L
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I would say SAC goes well beyond that... after all... each musician can have complete control of a 72 chan mix with eq, comps, gates, auxes... from a wireless laptop... up to 24 individual musicians... while the FOH mix is handled by the same system.... did I miss something? :)

Bob L

Warren
02-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Exactly as Bob said!
Also that Rane unit for one person probably cost as much if not more that SAC.:eek:

SAC ROCKS! Nuf said :D

Chris

905shmick
02-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I would say SAC goes well beyond that... after all... each musician can have complete control of a 72 chan mix with eq, comps, gates, auxes... from a wireless laptop... up to 24 individual musicians... while the FOH mix is handled by the same system.... did I miss something? :)

Bob L

Just making sure as I was hoping I wasnt going to have to purchase a bunch of those rane units when we added IEMs into the picture.

Thanks!

Bob L
02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
All you need are some small headphone amp units or in-ear belt packs... or of course whatever floor wedge and side fill speakers you like to use... SAC will handle all the mix processing and control.

Bob L