PDA

View Full Version : MSI NVIDIA Geforce 440

Burkeville
11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Hello esteemed colleagues,

I cannot for the life of me get the tv out to work on this card. I think I have tried everything. All I get is the pink screen of death on the TV. When I reboot the computer I get a quick flash of colour bars.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you

kb

AudioAstronomer
11-17-2004, 06:05 PM
yep. my father had one he tried to use for a media center. It never ever worked. A few times it'd go great then crash out of no where.

*shrug*

Carey Langille
11-17-2004, 07:00 PM
I Just set an Gforce 4 MX440 up today on a clients computer.. The TV out worked fine after i downloaded the latest drivers.. I went to the Display properties, enabled the TV output WITH the TV Pluged into the output..( It actually Senses if the TV is in or not) and Boom.. Vidoe out now working....

Perry
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
I Just set an Gforce 4 MX440 up today on a clients computer.. The TV out worked fine after i downloaded the latest drivers.. I went to the Display properties, enabled the TV output WITH the TV Pluged into the output..( It actually Senses if the TV is in or not) and Boom.. Vidoe out now working....

Hi Carey,

Quick questions... did you use the S-video or the RCA connector? Ummm... also, did the breakout cable for that have separate leads.. like four lines, or was it a short cable with the 4 connectors in a small plastic case?

I was trying to give a hand to Ken with this and there was some question as to whether or not it was the cable that was originally supplied with the card.

I did download the latest drivers and it seemed that this should have worked... it *almost* worked.. but then didn't. Two flat panels worked fine... just the TV out wouldn't work. Maybe it's the twin to Robert's dad's card? ;)

Thanks,

Perry

Carey Langille
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
The card i installed allowed for One monitor and a Composite OR S-Video Out. There was no breakout box, just the connectors on the back of the Card, I used the Composite out for testing...Not sure if the S out worked or not, but i assume it did... These cards come in so many flavours these days, what a ngihtmare.. Good Luck!

P.S. - The Package came... WOW.. Great job.... You Rock Perry!

P.S.S. - Also, make sure to boot into safemode to remove all the OLD Drivers, then allow it to find the new card, then install the new drivers... Old drivers and new might be conflicting...

Perry
11-17-2004, 09:09 PM
The card i installed allowed for One monitor and a Composite OR S-Video Out. There was no breakout box, just the connectors on the back of the Card, I used the Composite out for testing...Not sure if the S out worked or not, but i assume it did... These cards come in so many flavours these days, what a ngihtmare.. Good Luck!

P.S. - The Package came... WOW.. Great job.... You Rock Perry!

P.S.S. - Also, make sure to boot into safemode to remove all the OLD Drivers, then allow it to find the new card, then install the new drivers... Old drivers and new might be conflicting...

Thanks Carey for the info! (and glad you like the music of course)

Yes, sounds like that was a different version of this card. This one has dual monitor support plus TV support (but not all 3 at once). Good tip about safe mode for the new driver installation. All seemed to go well but who knows? I'll give that another try.

Cheers,

Perry