PDA

View Full Version : CONTROL TRACK

Iain Westland
03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Is it feasible to have a layered control track?

just getting into the idea of this thing and am thinking of using it as a quick scratch track for mistakes.

every time i fluff hit Q and got a marker, If I could do that for each layer would make editing quite nice.

Thinking out loud here, so just an enquiery

Iain

Iain Westland
03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
would it be possible to also just have a marker mode, ie when I hit Q it just marks the track rather than asks me to hit enter to clear the box from the screen?

Dave Labrecque
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
would it be possible to also just have a marker mode, ie when I hit Q it just marks the track rather than asks me to hit enter to clear the box from the screen?

I agree this would be a nice "clean" option. Especially when you can't clear the boxes fast enough to lay down a series of accurate markers.

Bob L
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
The dialog pops up to allow you to enter names on the fly, rather than have to go back later.

Lots of extra power there... if that is taken away... I feel you loose.

Pressing Q and Enter is not that hard or time consuming considering the extra power it brings.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
03-24-2009, 12:45 PM
The dialog pops up to allow you to enter names on the fly, rather than have to go back later.

Lots of extra power there... if that is taken away... I feel you loose.

Pressing Q and Enter is not that hard or time consuming considering the extra power it brings.

Bob L

I agree with the power thing. Power is good. :) I guess I was thinking in terms of an option to turn that off as needed. For example, imagine being able to "play" some sample positions into SAW by tapping the Q key during playback (rhythmically unencumbered by having to clear the marker name box), then snapping the relevant samples into position afterward. Or any other situation where dropping markers in quick succession during playback is needed.

But, no biggie.

Iain Westland
03-24-2009, 04:57 PM
just wanted to be able to place a marker easily without having to watch the screen to ensure i have cleared the name box.

as dave said, its not a biggy, i will just go back to talking into a mic. shame everything in SAW has to be soooo powerfull, sometimes I just need easy and this isnt.

Iain

Ian Alexander
03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
I most often drop Qs without naming them. Just press Enter after the Q. It IS one more key, but I never have to look at the screen for it.