PDA

View Full Version : Voxengo

Leadfoot
11-19-2004, 09:29 AM
I know everyones on plug-in overload lately, but is anyone using Voxengo Elephant or Soniformer or curve EQ? In the short time I played with the demos last night, I was very impressed to say the least. That soniformer seems to be a type of complex multiband compressor, even some of the presets blew me away.
Seems like a very nice mastering suite of plugs, especially for the price.
I know they say leave the mastering to the pros, but I love doing it myself..
Yeah crank up that rms level!
Just wondering what anyone else thinks.
http://www.voxengo.com/

Thanks,
Tony

Naturally Digital
11-19-2004, 10:16 AM
I think Voxengo make very good quality, useful plugins. Personally, I like the flexibility and 'technical' options they offer... adjustable quality/cpu-load etc.

World-class stuff at very reasonable prices.

Dave.

Soverign State
11-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Leadfoot................................
I use the voxengo plugs all the time. Elephant and Voxformer can't be beat for their current prices. :cool:

Leadfoot
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks guys, I am compelled to buy them. They work and sound as good as Saw!! I can tell when a product just feels right, and I think they have it.
There have been many other plugs that I was lead to believe would be good sometimes for the simple fact that they were Saw native, but turned out to be not as good as I initially percieved. I don't think this is the case with voxengo.
They never went out of their way to try to sell me something.. group buys, deadlines, saw native or not. Just the way I'm starting to see a trend in plug companies motives. I could be wrong, but anyhow, you've pretty much confirmed what I thought so far. I want a plug to sound as good or better than it's hardware counterpart, and for a long time now, I haven't heard too many, if any. But I think voxengo may be on to something with their plugs. It's good to try and be frugal about all these plugs cause that stuff adds up, and if they wind up not sounding the way they
said they would when they were pushing them on you, that leaves you feeling like a fool. Hopefully I'm learning.
Thanks,
Tony

Leadfoot
11-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Well I just purchased some Voxengo plugs.. should've known things wouldn't be smooth as I thought. The settings in the plugs are not saving with the EDLs??
Anyone use these and know what I might be missing? I started with some of the presets, and of course there is some weirdness there because any changes I made to the presets stayed that way when I went to try them again #$%^??
But still no settings are saved with th EDL..
Help.. got a session coming up here soon.
Thanks,
Tony

Leadfoot
11-20-2004, 12:58 PM
It seems as tho it's only when I start with a preset, then it won't save with the edl. When I start from scratch working on a plug it saved. whew.. sorry for the panic posting, at least I can get some work done. I'll contact the customer support over there.

Thanks,
Tony

Bob L
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Some of the newer plugs are saving enormous amounts of data and overunning my internal buffer allotment for the parameter saves.

This has been greatly extended in the new 3.9b coming any day now to fix parameter problems with certain other VST Synth plugs... Perhaps this is what is happening with your new plugs.

Bob L