PDA

View Full Version : 1st SAC setup

bcorkery
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
My DA7 jut died. I'm scrambling to get something working for tomorrow. I've had SAC from the beginning but haven't had the chance to much more than play with it. But now I have to plug it in for reals.

Right now I'm having trouble getting lightpipe into my Rosetta 800 from the RME card. I'm able to get input to SAC/SAW but can't seem to get the signal back to the Apogee for output to the monitors.

I'm pretty much cross-eyed right now so I'm probably not thinking straight, but I have to get this rig up and running. I'm hoping to use a Mackie 1202 to feed signal to the amp. Does this sound like a workable solution for the time being?

Any suggestions would be great. I'll check back now and then.

TIA

905shmick
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Make sure the rme totalmix software is started with windows. It should be in your systray on the bottom right.

bcorkery
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Shmick. I'm getting output now. I'm going to have to configure everything now. At least I know I can run the shop.

Anybody doing VO stuff with SAC? If so, anything I should be watching out for?

Thanks again.

sebastiandybing
04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
and when playing a file in SAW, open the RMEĀ“s total mix and check witch
output channel you are using, and make sure the total mix output channels are turned up.

Also make sure that all total mix inputs are turned down otherwise you
will mix the inputs from total mix and sac on the outputs.

Sebastian

bcorkery
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm not even sure I have total mix. I'm using an old DIGI9636. I think I need to get something to eat. I'm getting the signal to the Rosetta now but the Mackie isn't feeding the monitors. Probably something stupid again.

Thanks for putting up with my whining!

bcorkery
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I took my DA7 to a local repair shop and they fixed it!!!

In the meantime I had a great experience with SAC and the Rosetta interface. At first I tried the adat connection and wasn't too happy with it but the firewire gave me no latency ... nada ... zip! It was as if I had a physical console there. My old Mackie 1202 wasn't a very impressive replacement for the DA7 though, no WOW factor at all. I'll have to shop around for a better controler to have ready when the board can't be resurected.

Lot's of fun playing with this and I'm looking forward to making time to get serious about SAC.

bassthumper
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I took my DA7 to a local repair shop and they fixed it!!!

In the meantime I had a great experience with SAC and the Rosetta interface. At first I tried the adat connection and wasn't too happy with it but the firewire gave me no latency ... nada ... zip! It was as if I had a physical console there. My old Mackie 1202 wasn't a very impressive replacement for the DA7 though, no WOW factor at all. I'll have to shop around for a better controler to have ready when the board can't be resurected.

Lot's of fun playing with this and I'm looking forward to making time to get serious about SAC.

I am sorry to hear that they were able to fix your DA7....tic

bcorkery
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
:D Well, as you can imagine, it's a temporary thing as all things are. As I get more familiar with the SAW/SAC relationship and get faster on with navigation. I'll look for a nice looking gadget to control the output to the monitors (anythings better than the 1202 I was using), I'll make the leap for good.

Warren
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
:D Well, as you can imagine, it's a temporary thing as all things are. As I get more familiar with the SAW/SAC relationship and get faster on with navigation. I'll look for a nice looking gadget to control the output to the monitors (anythings better than the 1202 I was using), I'll make the leap for good.

I have been using the Mackie Big Knob works great and can control up to three set of control room monitors.

Chris

Angie
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I have been using the Mackie Big Knob works great and can control up to three set of control room monitors.

Chris

I almost went with a Big Knob, but I was looking for something to control surrounds also. Ended up picking up an SPL used. I love it! They have a new monitor/headphone controller now. Little pricier than the Big Knob, though.

bcorkery
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks Chris. I think this may be a nice way to go, half the price of the SPL 2control. Probably all I really need.

bcorkery
04-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks Angie. I'll wait to see what taxes take from me.
Maybe SPL then. It does offer a lot of flexibility but that often confuses me.