PDA

View Full Version : OT: TT Dynamic Range Meter Plugin

Rabbit
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Looks like a very good tool and it's free from a new organization battling overly loud mixes.

http://www.dynamicrange.de/

ffarrell
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I think this is like the K metering system from " Bob Kat "

fvf

Looks like a very good tool and it's free from a new organization battling overly loud mixes.

http://www.dynamicrange.de/

Rabbit
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Sort of looks like it might be, I'm just playing with it now on a couple of mixes. It looks useful enough. I normally use Inspector at build mix to make sure I'm not getting overs but I'm liking this a little more. Also you can run it in offline mode which is cool.

Carl G.
05-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Sort of looks like it might be, I'm just playing with it now on a couple of mixes. It looks useful enough. I normally use Inspector at build mix to make sure I'm not getting overs but I'm liking this a little more. Also you can run it in offline mode which is cool.

I use Inspector also.
But for general mixing I like this one much better.
I really like the instantaneous dynamic range meter (center section).

I just wish it wasn't such a screen real estate hog.... they could have nearly halved the width of it to make it more convenient to use.

It's a staple on my output track now.

Cary B. Cornett
05-06-2009, 06:15 AM
I have been using Inspector on the K-14 setting, and have gotten quite used to its display. I will definitely check out the DR meter.

I have to admit that I wish the window for the Inspector meter was about 15% narrower or so to make view setups easier. Come to think of it, the way SS displays the plugin is somewhat wider than what the plugin itself appears to need. I wonder why?

Carl G.
05-06-2009, 07:00 AM
I have been using Inspector on the K-14 setting, and have gotten quite used to its display. I will definitely check out the DR meter.

I have to admit that I wish the window for the Inspector meter was about 15% narrower or so to make view setups easier. Come to think of it, the way SS displays the plugin is somewhat wider than what the plugin itself appears to need. I wonder why?

IF that were a SawStudio setting - it's sure be nice to size the DR meter down to it's actual size.

IraSeigel
05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
The DR manual is very interesting and informative. Thanks for the link, Robert.

Ira

MikeDee
05-06-2009, 10:43 AM
The DR Meter looks fairly similar to the Sonoris Meter, which I already own. If I were an expert on metering (and the K-System), I'd do an A/B...but, alas, I'm not. :o

Any takers? :D

Best regards,

Cary B. Cornett
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
IF that were a SawStudio setting - it's sure be nice to size the DR meter down to it's actual size. Looking at it again, I realize that the graphics at the top of SAW's "shell" for the VST plugin enforce a certain minimum below which the window will not shrink. Of course, this leaves me wondering whether that minimum could still be reduced a bit... :)

Carl G.
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Looking at it again, I realize that the graphics at the top of SAW's "shell" for the VST plugin enforce a certain minimum below which the window will not shrink. Of course, this leaves me wondering whether that minimum could still be reduced a bit... :)
Or, if the SawStudio Plugins "Shell" width is set and programming would be difficult for 'sliding contraction'
then, why not have a Plugin's "Shell Option" in SawStudio of (say) 4 different width settings from which to choose to minimize the width of some plugins that now show a LOT of empty space?

Chris Kress
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Or, if the SawStudio Plugins "Shell" width is set and programming would be difficult for 'sliding contraction'
then, why not have a Plugin's "Shell Option" in SawStudio of (say) 4 different width settings from which to choose to minimize the width of some plugins that now show a LOT of empty space?

+1