PDA

View Full Version : too excited

tartan
05-19-2009, 03:03 PM
We got the go-ahead to build up a 32-channel SAC system for our church's youth building, so I placed a pile of orders with various suppliers today.

Parts should start arriving within a week. I'll post pics of my progress, along with comments on its use live.

josh

dbarrow
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
We got the go-ahead to build up a 32-channel SAC system for our church's youth building, so I placed a pile of orders with various suppliers today.

Parts should start arriving within a week. I'll post pics of my progress, along with comments on its use live.

josh

I'm getting ready to do the same thing at a church I mix for. Another guy wants to build a Linux-based system, so it comes down to convincing him this may be a more "tried and true" approach. Plus all the great support here. I may take the system I already built for The Pictures in there some Sunday soon as a convincer, "puppydog close". If he sees and hears how good it is, it should be "game over".

tartan
05-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm getting ready to do the same thing at a church I mix for. Another guy wants to build a Linux-based system, so it comes down to convincing him this may be a more "tried and true" approach. Plus all the great support here. I may take the system I already built for The Pictures in there some Sunday soon as a convincer, "puppydog close". If he sees and hears how good it is, it should be "game over".

Oh, I'm a diehard Linux guy, too -- and I build everything from scratch using Gentoo. Believe me, I'll be trying SAC under Wine sometime.

On a side note, I play keys, and use Brainspawn Forte live on stage, under XP. lol ... I have no issues, since I run a very lean XP install. I almost ordered an extra RME adat interface so I can send my synth feed over toslink direct to SAC, bypassing the ADA8000s. haha

Ahh! I can use the SPDIF on the RayDAT!

Good luck to you.

Angie
05-20-2009, 07:44 AM

josh

Josh,
Good to see another SAC user so close. We are right up here in Broomfield if you need any help. ;)

tartan
05-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Awesome, Angie. Where do you use SAC?

Angie
05-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm planning to go the SAC/SAWStudio route in the studio we are finishing up. Painting today! :eek:

UpTilDawn
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm planning to go the SAC/SAWStudio route in the studio we are finishing up. Painting today! :eek:

Awesome news Angie! It'll feel really good to be done with that, I'm sure!

DanT

Angie
05-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Awesome news Angie! It'll feel really good to be done with that, I'm sure!

DanT

You have no idea!! Just to get to the final inspection was a relief. It just should not have taken this long.

Mountain Media
05-23-2009, 06:38 AM
You have no idea!! Just to get to the final inspection was a relief. It just should not have taken this long.
Not that y'all have any other priorities in your lives!! Congratulations on getting close to the finish - pictures to follow?? :)

Angie
05-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Not that y'all have any other priorities in your lives!! Congratulations on getting close to the finish - pictures to follow?? :)

There is a "diary" of the progress on my website.
http://www.avocadoproductions.com/studio/studioconstruction1.htm

Angie
05-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Looks like a nice high ceiling. Either that, or everyone in the pictures is really short.:)

Mark

It is almost 10 feet. Should work out alright.