PDA

View Full Version : Deleting AVI Videos

Carl G.
11-25-2004, 01:20 PM
After replacing some AVI files in a session, (deleting old ones), When reopening the session, I get a message that it can't find the deleted AVI.

I cleared unused regions, looked on the video track (tabbing through it and the deleted file is not there), nor can I find any reference to it.

So how do I fully get rid of the deleted AVI file in an EDL so I don't get the error message (for searching for the file) when trying to reopen the EDL?

Carl

Sean McCoy
11-25-2004, 04:19 PM
From within the viewer, you need to use "delete unused clips." The viewer keeps references to clips that have been opened even if they're no longer on the multitrack.

Carl G.
11-25-2004, 08:21 PM
From within the viewer, you need to use "delete unused clips." The viewer keeps references to clips that have been opened even if they're no longer on the multitrack.

Yep.... RTGM
(cleaner version of "Read the Good Manual"!!)
Thanks for the help!
Carl

Mountain Media
11-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Yep.... RTGM
(cleaner version of "Read the Good Manual"!!)
Thanks for the help!
CarlIsn't RTFM - 'Read The FINE Manual' - at least that's what I always thought!! ;) And it is, other than sometimes having a problem using it backwards (finding general explanation from specific information) because of how MUCH is in it, in general it's one of the most comprehensive and accurate I've found. Thanks Bob and Jeannie!

Know this isn't in thread vein, but thought I'd throw it in anyway -- Another thing to be thankful for!