PDA

View Full Version : Focusrite Pre

Alex
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Has anyone tried the Sapphire 56 in SAC yet. It is firewire with the options I would like to use in a small setting. Just trying to get some info.

Thanks

gdougherty
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I had a previous Focusrite interface (one prior to the Saffire Pro40) and after a few days with it decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Focusrite makes nice hardware, but their drivers at the time were horrendous. Replaced it with an M-Audio ProFire 2626 and have been very satisfied. It's everything the Saffire does less the two "special" DSP channels and just 1U of rack space. Very flexible routing through the included control panel. I can't give any subjective quality comparison, but in comparing the ProFire to the ADA8000 I borrowed from GC this afternoon, the ProFire is dead quiet and clean.

Alex
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey thanks for the info, I will get a loaner from GC or fire it up at the store. Ive let the guys at our local GC play with my laptop rigs and there blown away by by SAC/SS so it shouldnt be a problem hopefuly the made the driver better now on this rev.

Thanks
Alex