PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for Show and Tell?

tatkin
06-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I am trying to get a group in our church to approve and fund a SAC system for our sanctuary and of course they don't want to jump into the pond without trying the waters...

Sooo... Are there any happy (Unhappy :eek:?) users that live in the DFW, Texas area that are using SAC in their church(s)? If so, would you be willing to give me your email address so we could arrange a tour of your system?

I would greatly appreciate any help as I REALLY want to join the ranks of those happy users sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
Tom

Trackzilla
06-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Good luck with finding any unhappy SAC users...
But if you make a trip to Indiana I'll be happy to tell you which venue I'm in when you pick a date...If you pick a lucky one, I might be in a church even!

The best I can offer ;)

gdougherty
06-23-2009, 06:43 AM
I am trying to get a group in our church to approve and fund a SAC system for our sanctuary and of course they don't want to jump into the pond without trying the waters...

Sooo... Are there any happy (Unhappy :eek:?) users that live in the DFW, Texas area that are using SAC in their church(s)? If so, would you be willing to give me your email address so we could arrange a tour of your system?

I would greatly appreciate any help as I REALLY want to join the ranks of those happy users sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
Tom

My recommendation, if it fits your channel count, is to pick up a firewire interface that you can find in any Guitar Center, something with 8 preamps and 16 ADAT channels. Grab yourself 2 ADA8000's and demo the setup using a decent computer on hand. If you get a no, return the hardware you purchased for the demo.

I do wish the demo had a 10-15 minute time limit before it shut the engine off for 10 seconds rather than the random audio drops. Both would make it useless for live use, but the first is far less annoying for a live demo during a practice. I could still test things out to see how comfortable I was with the interface and functionality, but it made it difficult to test it live with musicians since it really ruined their practice time. A forced break would give plenty of time to hear and appreciate the quality of the engine and as long as it was expected is tollerable. Any possibility of changing that in the demo Bob? Maybe even store the live/break timer in the background instead of reseting it so you can't disable the engine or restart the program and get around it for live use.

Alex
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I know your problem well I have been doing Church sound for over 30yrs it takes alot to get them to go a new route.

last Sunday I had a group of 6 come from Cali over to my Church here in Az just to test drive the system and the are now belivers I gave the Pastor his own mix to run during Praise and Worhship on a wireless laptop and the other eng's used a laptop and touchscreen sys.

People need to see and feel it before they can belive it isnt just hype. I had 9 remotes running and 13 mixes they slamed there mixes without mercy and SAC never failed.

I would be happy to let you demo ours live during service I do it all the time like I said I had 6 people on Sunday and 3 during the week.

Just let me know

Alex

Bring as many people as you want. I am also getting ready to install another Sac sys in a new church in Phoenix and you can see that 1 also.

tatkin
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I would be happy to let you demo ours live during service I do it all the time like I said I had 6 people on Sunday and 3 during the week.

Just let me know

Alex

Alex,
I'd love to take you up on that but Tempe is just a little further away than I think they want to go (We're in Ft Worth Tx)... listening remotely just wouldn't be the same...

Eventually, it's probably going to come down to 'take my word for it' but that's hard to sell...

Tom

Bruce Callaway
06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I know your problem well I have been doing Church sound for over 30yrs it takes alot to get them to go a new route. I found this to be the case in every situation, seeing SAC in action is the only way to convince anyone...its just too far ahead of the FOH curve IMHO......

mycorn
06-24-2009, 11:59 AM

i cant remember who it is but there's somebody
on here in DFW

i'm a bit closer than arizona
but still 3+ hours south

mh