I am testing the sac recall scene by name and scene cue in saw,
there is just one thing I am not sure about and that is, when I
move the cursor in saw back a few cues then sac don´t update
to the correct scene. Its like sac has to be in the first scene to get
link to work.
Sebastian

Bob L
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
SAC does not chase as you move the cursor around... SAW has to play thru the control track entry to actually trigger the scene change.

Using the name scene change command allows the scenes to randomly trigger in any sequence... using the current cue forces everything to trigger in sync from the beg and SAC must be set to auto advance to the next scene.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
06-24-2009, 11:40 PM
I know I have to activate play in saw, but I might have misundestood
this function.
I thought I could make e.g. 2 scenes in SAC, scene 1 and 2.
Then I thought I could make e.g. 4 cue locations in SAW something like
cue1 (scene1)
cue2 (scene2)
cue3 (scene1)
cue4 (scene2).

Another thing is that SAC scene window cursor has to be on the first
scene in order to work.
I was wondering if there could be a cue call in saw that force sac to jump
to the first scene when starting a show playback.
Otherwise one might forget to set the sac scene window to first scene before a show:eek:

Sebastian

RBIngraham
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi Bob,

I'm just curious. Is this new funtionality between SAC and SAW going to be the only solution to controlling SAC's scene's via MIDI? Or will SAC be able to communicate directly via MIDI in the future, and it's just that you are still working on that and this is the first step in that direction?

Thanks,

Richard

Bob L
06-25-2009, 06:43 AM
If you use the scene recall by name function and give the exact scene name in the Control Track entry paramters... then SAC will jump backward and forward in the scene list... the cursor needs to start nowhere and the list does not need to be in order.

There will be a direct Sequence view window in SAC that will directly deal with its own smpte, time, midi and all kinds of other triggers and commands... much like the Control Track view in SAWStudio.

Bob L

sebastiandybing
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I will try again, but I am sure I tryed both ways.
Sebastian

sebastiandybing
06-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Its working now:o, I must have turned the auto advance after recall off when I was testing it.
Anyway its a handy feature:)
Sebastian

Bob L
06-26-2009, 06:37 AM
I just did discover a bug in this new function that has to do with scene name list and the order in which they are called... under the correct conditions, the scene recall will fail.

I have corrected the problem and will release the updated version sometime next week hopefully.

Bob L