PDA

View Full Version : Native-Instruments web site?

John Ludlow
07-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Can anyone get into it?

I went out to the https site last night to activate my purchase and - it wasn't there. A while later, just to see, I went to their http site (http://www.native-instruments.com/ (http://www.native-instruments.com/)) - it doesn't come up for me either. Are they gone - or just temporarily down? I hope I don't have to find a crack for this legitimately purchased software.

txshonk
07-08-2009, 06:28 AM
John -

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago trying to download the Kontakt demo. I was using IE6. After I upgraded to IE8, I got in.

Hope that helps.

Dave

DaveS
07-08-2009, 08:20 AM
NI updated their website. It now appears to be mostly Flash based...so make sure you have the latest Flash drivers installed.

The 'look' of the new site is ok - but it's a lot slower then it used to be....

DominicPerry
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
NI updated their website. It now appears to be mostly Flash based...so make sure you have the latest Flash drivers installed.

The 'look' of the new site is ok - but it's a lot slower then it used to be....

Ah, progress. They probably 'upgraded' to a newer OS. ;):p:D

Dominic

MMP
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't recommend installing IE 8 as it breaks a number of audio apps.

Regards,

MM

AcousticGlue
07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I've not seen any issues with IE8 but have one app only that will not let me click on 'File' menu. This is not related to IE, OS or SP or firewall. I cannot find the fix either.

John Ludlow
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks, y'all. It's good to know that this is a SNAFU rather than a closing. Improving your website such that your clients can't get into it is almost a proverb.

Knuckleheads.

Tree Leopard
07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
NI recently announced that their focus is going to be almost exclusively on-line sales & marketing. No more trade shows.

It's a PITA waiting for their site to load. Hopefully NI will will heed user comments and revert to fast-loading CSS driven web design. (A new consultancy gig for you, Jeanne?)

As way of getting to the page(s) you want to view you could try:
https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/
- drop this in and hit enter:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/

John Ludlow
07-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for that TL. It didn't work for me, but it was a good shot. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'll ever be able to get Activated while running version 6 of Explorer. And - I think that version 6 is the highest that W2K will go.

My studio computer is not connected to the internet. This one is - but I can't seem to Activate my software using it.

Wink0r
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I think that you should be able to run FireFox on your computer. FF 3.5 (current version) has the best flash implementation of the current browser crop, plus a load of features that IE-6 doesn't have. See http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html?from=getfirefox

MikeDee
07-10-2009, 05:48 AM
The site is back up; I was just there. And...to my surprise, NI is offering Komplete 5 for $399 during the month of July (limited supply, apparently...whatever that means :rolleyes:).

Even if, say, Komplete 6 is on the horizon, it might be worth grabbing 5 now...most likely there will be an upgrade discount. (But, considering the price of 5, I wouldn't count on a free upgrade, even if 6 were released the day after purchasing 5. :D)

http://www.native-instruments.com/

Best regards,

John Ludlow
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Ahhh... now there's a great idea! I think that I'm tapped out on IE 6 and I already have the latest Flash ver. on it. I'll give that a try WinkOr.

I think that you should be able to run FireFox on your computer. FF 3.5 (current version) has the best flash implementation of the current browser crop, plus a load of features that IE-6 doesn't have. See http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html?from=getfirefox

John Ludlow
07-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Thought I'd wrap it up. I took WinkOr's advice and installed FireFox and the latest Flash for it. Suddenly - Native-Instruments.com exists again. Their https site was a little harder to crack due to the 'Activation' software (supplied with the software purchase shipped from NI only 3 weeks ago) not working with their site. I found a download of a newer version of it, installed it on my studio machine, made a new Activation file, and that one worked. I'm in and it finally works. I've been working on it since Tuesday. I'm still waiting for the request for help I made on their forum (submitted Friday) to be approved by the moderator and added to the list. Or the emails sent to NI support Thursday to be responded to at all.

It seems like fairly nifty software. Some of the sounds, at least, are pretty good and the controls are easy to understand and manipulate. I don't think I'd buy anything else from them though.

Ahhh... now there's a great idea! I think that I'm tapped out on IE 6 and I already have the latest Flash ver. on it. I'll give that a try WinkOr.

MMP
07-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Sorry to be late to the discussion.

I recently installed Komplete and found the Service Center software on the DVDs was not a current working version. What was more infuriating (because how hard would it be to always download the most current version automatically) was that each of the 14 plugins tried to overwrite the current version, and unless you stopped the install at the right point, you would lose any current licenses and have to re-authorize.

Though this was on a Mac & not a PC, I have to say this install was the most difficult I have ever done. In addition to the Service Center issues, the install script would put samples into default directories even though it was told to put them on an external disk, so I had to figure out the directory structures for all 14 plugins and move samples and instrument files manually from the DVDs and repoint the plugins to the new directories. Pretty much took two days to get it all working...60 gigs later.

Some of the software is brilliant, but the copy protection and install process nightmarish.

Regards,

MM

John Ludlow
07-12-2009, 08:30 AM
This - in stark contrast to the way that SawStudio installs. You identify yourself to the download manager, download the new vesion, run the installation, and - it works. I'm in the software business so I know that a lot goes into making that process painless. We're fortunate to have Bob.

I wrote NI to let them know that they were creating software pirates by requiring the use of the bleeding edge of a technology they didn't understand (let alone could manage) and requiring the divulgence of personal (marketing) information under the guise of preventing software piracy, in order to use software the customer has already paid for.

A computer has written me back letting me know that, although I'm unlikely to get a response, someone will likely eventually at least read it. I'm dubious about that, but it was worth a shot.

I recently installed Komplete and found the Service Center software on the DVDs was not a current working version. What was more infuriating (because how hard would it be to always download the most current version automatically) was that each of the 14 plugins tried to overwrite the current version, and unless you stopped the install at the right point, you would loose any current licenses and have to re-authorize.

Though this was on a Mac & not a PC, I have to say this install was the most difficult I have ever done. In addition to the Service Center issues, the install script would put samples into default directories even though it was told to put them on an external disk, so I had to figure out the directory structures for all 14 plugins and move samples and instrument files manually from the DVDs and repoint the plugins to the new directories. Pretty much took two days to get it all working...60 gigs later.

Some of the software is brilliant, but the copy protection and install process nightmarish.

Regards,

MM

DaveS
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM

I recently installed Komplete and found the Service Center software on the DVDs was not a current working version. What was more infuriating (because how hard would it be to always download the most current version automatically) was that each of the 14 plugins tried to overwrite the current version, and unless you stopped the install at the right point, you would lose any current licenses and have to re-authorize........

Regards,

MM

I've used NI software for a long time and in general I don't have issues with their registration process. If you install Komplete for example, the trick is to NOT authorize anything till it is completely installed....

It is stupid though that their installer will not look to see if the Service Manager is already installed and if it is newer or older then the one looking to be installed.

Where their system gets really screwy is when you throw KORE into the picture. My understanding is that KORE uses it's own versions of each of their soft-synth engines, which can cause patch incompatibility (I should say HAS in the past...I have not seen it as of late) when the KORE engine version differs from the soft-synth engine version. Also, KORE wants to move all of the patch files to new directories - it's really nuts what it does and what you have to go thru to do a clean re-install.

I personally think that they should have their service manager software installed first...then look at all of the disks you have to install, THEN tell which disk to install, and what updates to install THEN authorize all of it.

But Bob's system is SO much easier and painless to install - Thank YOU!

soundtrack2life
07-13-2009, 07:20 AM
FWIW NI bangs HARD for their upgrade $. So I would not purchase it based on getting on board for cheap.
Joe

The site is back up; I was just there. And...to my surprise, NI is offering Komplete 5 for $399 during the month of July (limited supply, apparently...whatever that means :rolleyes:).

Even if, say, Komplete 6 is on the horizon, it might be worth grabbing 5 now...most likely there will be an upgrade discount. (But, considering the price of 5, I wouldn't count on a free upgrade, even if 6 were released the day after purchasing 5. :D)

http://www.native-instruments.com/

Best regards,

MikeDee
07-13-2009, 07:34 AM
FWIW NI bangs HARD for their upgrade $. So I would not purchase it based on getting on board for cheap.
Joe

That is, assuming there is even an upgrade on the horizon. FWIW, even without upgrading <period>, $399 for what you get now is a very gøød deal.

As always: OMMV...perhaps it's not for ev'ryone. I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

soundtrack2life
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
No doubt alot of bang for the buck for $399! I may jump on it myself.
Joe

That is, assuming there is even an upgrade on the horizon. FWIW, even without upgrading <period>, $399 for what you get now is a very g***248;***248;d deal.

As always: OMMV...perhaps it's not for ev'ryone. I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

John Ludlow
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
You know, it's Monday evening now and the NI user forum moderator still hasn't posted my Friday evening message asking for user help. Also, 'Sebastian' in NI support still hasn't responded to my Thursday emails to him. Maybe they lurk at the SawStudio forum to get ideas as to how to solve customer problems - and so they know that I'm already past mine.

ivanoff
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
You know, it's Monday evening now and the NI user forum moderator still hasn't posted my Friday evening message asking for user help. Also, 'Sebastian' in NI support still hasn't responded to my Thursday emails to him. Maybe they lurk at the SawStudio forum to get ideas as to how to solve customer problems - and so they know that I'm already past mine.

Idem
Ivanoff

soundtrack2life
07-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Almost missed this deal. . . I spent all day on the phone & web and everyone was Kompletly sold out! Except Sam Ash in NYC that had two left. I have Komplete 2 now and for the $ I couldn't even upgrade that version for this cheap. I am a guitar player and I am really excited about getting Guitar Rig (even if it is just the software only & no rig control). Fed Ex just delivered it this morning. . . cant wait to install it later today :cool:
Joe

No doubt alot of bang for the buck for $399! I may jump on it myself.
Joe

John Ludlow
07-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Let us know how it goes getting it installed and Activated.

soundtrack2life
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
John, I installed it on both my MacBook Pro & Mac Pro and all went very well! Ran the installer twice so I could install the samples on a separate hard drive. I patched everything to the latest versions and the activation went smooth as silk. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because I had seen many posts about activation issues.

FWIW I got play around with Guitar Rig 3 last night and as for amp modeling I think I like this one the best of all the ones I have (Eleven, IK Multimedia Amplitube (Jim H, Metal, Fender, SVX, Gear X). Line 6 Pod Farm Platinum, Sans Amp). At the very least it is good to have options. . . not that it makes me play any better :D
Joe

Let us know how it goes getting it installed and Activated.

DaveS
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
FWIW I got play around with Guitar Rig 3 last night and as for amp modeling I think I like this one the best of all the ones I have (Eleven, IK Multimedia Amplitube (Jim H, Metal, Fender, SVX, Gear X). Line 6 Pod Farm Platinum, Sans Amp). At the very least it is good to have options. . . not that it makes me play any better :D
Joe

A lot of us are waiting for the 'play better' module for Guitar Rig....would be great to find a VST that did that!:)