PDA

View Full Version : Control Track on top and F Keys

txshonk
07-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Bob -

I been meaning to post this and keep forgetting.

With the 4.6 release I love the right click on the control track window to keep it on top. When this is done F Keys dont work any more in SAW. Is this by design? I could imagine there are complications in trying to reformat the windows when one of them is locked, but thought I'd ask.

Dave

Bob L
07-10-2009, 07:39 AM
When you use that function, you are now ontop of another app... you are no longer in the SS environment... so the F-Keys are disabled because SS is not the active application... whatever was underneath is...

SS F-Keys only work when SS is the ontop application... otherwise you would have one mess to deal with when switching to another app temporarily.

This feature allows you to still control SS while another application has the main OS focus.

Bob L

txshonk
07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks -

Just to make sure I understand fully - If u right click the blue triangle on the contral track window. Fkeys are disabled even if you click on SAW and attempt to bring it to the front?

Do I have that right?

Bob L
07-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Right-Click it again to bring focus back to SS... that will re-activate the F-Keys... while the window is in its overlap status, SS is not the foreground app... bring it back to foreground by right-clicking the icon again.

Bob L

txshonk
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
got it - thanks