PDA

View Full Version : Recording VST in SSL

smp
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Perhaps someone has a suggestion for me. I recently learned how to record VST's directly into SSL. I have several that work perfectly but one that does not.

I have M-Audio Key Rig. It works as a stand alone, shows up in my FX list and opens in SSL as an FX. All the controls work on the screen, but it does not respond to MIDI input (i.e. no levels appear and of course no sound).

Most interestingly, when I first opened it I WAS getting sound (although not the sound that was listed in the preset :confused:) I still got the same sound even when I turned it off. So I closed and opened again and nothing! I even went so far as to uninstall it and reinstall it. On the reinstall I got the same (non preset) sound on the first opening, then nothing.

All the settings in SSL (Midi in path, etc) are the same as for my other VSTs which do work. I realize individual programs have different glitches, just thought someone might have a brilliant idea:)

Thanks!

Steve

Bob L
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
If the plugin is not registering as a VSTi Synth in SS, then you cannot hook the midi in and play it live as any other synth type plugin.

If it is showing as an FX plugin and not a synth, the Midi and Multi-Chan menu options in the plugin window will be grayed out.

If you can set those items, then it should respond and play when midi signals are applied.

You may need to verify the midi chan assignments and multi-out assignments in the plug itself to make sure they are set correctly... each preset may be looking at different midi chans and assigned to different outputs.

Bob L

smp
07-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks, Bob!
Steve