PDA

View Full Version : SAC license Q

gdougherty
07-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Bob, this came up in another thread. I want to make sure you get your proper dues as well as all the allowable use I can get.
I have the rackmount rig I built with the RME RayDAT, plus the laptop with firewire interface I used up until I built the rackmount rig. I've only purchased the one SAC license so the question centers around concurrent usage, vs per computer licensing. I would never be using both rigs simultaneously, so is it allowable to run one or the other, or do I need two separate licenses for the two installs? At some point I may want to run both for separate purposes and certainly in that scenario I'd expect to need two licenses.
What's your license model look like?

Bob L
07-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I have no problem with multiple installs of the original owner, that will not be used simulataneously... of course that does not mean multiple installs on all your freinds computers who may all be using it at different times. :)

In reality... everyone knows what is right and wrong... or fair... when it comes to software licensing questions like this.... and its up to the individual whether to pirate or not.... of course pirating software like mine only hurts all who do use it and depend on it, because if I can no longer make a living selling it, I will obviously move on to other things, thereby ending its future development.... so... if you like it and use it and depend on it... and would like to see it continue to grow... support the effort by buying it and convincing others not to pirate it if they are using it also. :)

Bob L

MMP
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
In other words, the same policy as Waves.:D

Regards,

MM

gdougherty
07-21-2009, 07:34 PM
I have no problem with multiple installs of the original owner, that will not be used simulataneously... of course that does not mean multiple installs on all your freinds computers who may all be using it at different times. :)

In reality... everyone knows what is right and wrong... or fair... when it comes to software licensing questions like this.... and its up to the individual whether to pirate or not.... of course pirating software like mine only hurts all who do use it and depend on it, because if I can no longer make a living selling it, I will obviously move on to other things, thereby ending its future development.... so... if you like it and use it and depend on it... and would like to see it continue to grow... support the effort by buying it and convincing others not to pirate it if they are using it also. :)

Bob L

That's awesome. I support your development and livelihood wholeheartedly, so I will certainly not be pirating your marvelous product. It's good to know that I can use both with your blessing, that makes it even more valuable to me. The church that own's the building that mine meets in is very interested in putting together a SAC system and the parts list I gave them included a SAC license for sure. I have a couple other churches I'm consulting with and hopefully we'll get you more users here in the near future. Being out with the small system for the brass ensemble I take care of was getting me plenty of opportunity to talk up your software, so I'll keep doing that for sure.

Thanks again.

DaveS
07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

5 super-smilies for the best developer on the planet!

Thank you Bob!

ivanoff
07-22-2009, 03:18 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

5 super-smilies for the best developer on the planet!

Thank you Bob!

+10