PDA

View Full Version : Drive Error

meuby
07-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Started getting an error pretty consistently:

"The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive A: and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed."

There is not a floppy drive in this machine. Based on another post here, I checked the undo path...it was blank. So I entered the same path as the other two (I think it's C:\SAW\Mix). That didn't seem to help.

When I get this error - my remote SAC AND the main computer SAC completely lock up. My only option is to go to task manager, end the task, and relaunch SAC. All the levels stay the same when it locks up (until I relaunch, of course).

Bob L
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
That is a Windows error message... somehow, something is attempting to engage drive A.

Bob L

gdougherty
07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Is this on a desktop system? I disable the default floppy drive that the BIOS doesn't seem to be able to auto-detect isn't there.

Jazzyrick
07-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you gone through the process of optimizing the operating system yet? It sounds like maybe automatic update, or some other service that you don't need could be causing this. Are there any CDs in either machine? To check any startup programs or services I use a tool called autoruns from sysinternals(now Microsoft I think), but that would be a good start to troubleshooting.

meuby
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
disabled floppy in the BIOS - error message hasn't come back and have been running software solid for about 2 hours.