PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reply Suggestion

Dave Labrecque
12-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I notice a lot of reply posts within threads that aren't branching off of the message that they're replying to -- they're elsewhere in the thread; so sometimes it's a little confusing to follow the flow of the conversation. This would only be noticed in Threaded or Hybrid Modes.

May I suggest that we use the "Quote" button instead of the "Post Reply" button when replying to a specific message? This will thread your reply properly. If you don't want any quoted verbiage in your reply, a quick ctrl-A/delete will clear the reply message for you before you type your response.

Thanks for your consideration.

RobertV
12-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Dave;

I notice a lot of reply posts within threads that aren't branching off of the message that they're replying to -- they're elsewhere in the thread; so sometimes it's a little confusing to follow the flow of the conversation. This would only be noticed in Threaded or Hybrid Modes.

May I suggest that we use the "Quote" button instead of the "Post Reply" button when replying to a specific message? This will thread your reply properly. If you don't want any quoted verbiage in your reply, a quick ctrl-A/delete will clear the reply message for you before you type your response.

Thanks for your consideration.

I was looking for that, Thanks for pointing this out! wonder why it is not next to the reply button!

Cheers....Robert V>

AudioAstronomer
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Dave;

I was looking for that, Thanks for pointing this out! wonder why it is not next to the reply button!

Cheers....Robert V>
Yeah, It would actually be nice if it was more prevalent...

Naturally Digital
12-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi Dave,

That's a good point, and one that I hadn't been considering because of the view I've been using.

Thanks for the reminder!
Dave.

Dave Tosti-Lane
12-05-2004, 08:43 PM
May I suggest that we use the "Quote" button instead of the "Post Reply"

Oh - THAT's what that button is for! :)

Thanks for pointing it out

Dave Tosti-Lane

Dave Labrecque
12-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Actually, if you ask me the Post Reply button oughta be coded to work that way, but alas... Yet another work-around. :)

AudioAstronomer
12-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Would also be nice if when people edited their posts they used the box up top "reason" to fill in why they edited it.

I just read a long thread and got really confused because someone edited their post and kinda made everything following make no sense.