PDA

View Full Version : multi-input VST

tatkin
08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
This may have been answered before but I couldn't see where...
Will a VST like reacomp that has 4 inputs (2 master, 2 aux for keying) work in SAC? How do you assign the other 2 (Aux) inputs?

I know that a 2i/2o vst just works on the channel it's assigned to but how about a 4i/2o or for that matter a 2i/4o or other type of multi-channel?

Thanks,
Tom

Bob L
08-14-2009, 09:08 AM
SAC can use multi-out vst plugs and assign the extra outs to adjacent channels, but at this time there is no provision for extra inputs beyond two.

Bob L

gdougherty
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
SAC can use multi-out vst plugs and assign the extra outs to adjacent channels, but at this time there is no provision for extra inputs beyond two.

Bob L

Is this only for VST Instruments, or would this work for something like the VST crossver plugin on output channels?

Bob L
08-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Not at this time I don't think... the plug needs to register as a synth... although I am working on that for the future.

Bob L

gdougherty
08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Not at this time I don't think... the plug needs to register as a synth... although I am working on that for the future.

Bob L

Coolness, thanks for the clarification.

DaveS
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM

Bob L

Yea! :D

Looking forwawrd to it Bob! I'm really looking forward to running my Guitar Rig software under SAC instead of Kore! (registers as an effect, not a synth so no midi control cant get to it....)