PDA

View Full Version : Remote Personal Scene Question

Larry Burger
08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Testing a remote personal monitor.
Monitor 9 (x,y,z) had scenes and could change the whole system (FOH, etc.).

I did set the personal to FOH access to save preferences so it would auto connect tcip then reset access to personal.

How can I stop it from happening?

Larry Burger
08-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Just setup a fresh windows install and setup SAC remote for the first time without FOH access at all.
The personal came up and gave me control over scenes which hit FOH and everything.

Are my configurations wrong?

Bob L
08-15-2009, 04:11 PM
No... at the moment, everyone can see all the scenes in the list box... I have not yet included filters for each different mix station.

So... you do have to have some trust at the moment that your performers do not want to mess up the show and create havoc by destroying things, just because they can... otherwise, do not give them a remote station.

You can group your scenes together in the scenes listbox, with separator scenes (blank scenes with no properties assigned, just a name divider, like ******* Guitar *******), and all scenes within that group will only have that mixer property set... so it does not affect FOH or any other monitor mix. Then each performer would only use the scenes in his group. Trust is involved here such that all involved must cooperate.

In a future update, I have plans to create scene filters that will lock each PER-MON remote into only his own scenes. More than that, I have plans for a similar idea with the show sequence view where each perfromer can be stepping thru his own version of the show sequence without affecting the other performers.

Bob L

Bob L
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Also consider not to have the scenes view in any of the F-Keys on the remote and just have them setup to control the faders for their mix.

Bob L