905shmick
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
I've saved a levelizer preset called min6_limiter with the following:

comp : on
attack: 0
rel: .200
ratio: inf
thres: -6

When I add the levelizer to a channel and load the preset, it changes the values in the levelizer window but the levelizer acts as if only the compressor has been enabled, using the default values of attack 0, rel .5,ratio 4,thresh 0

Bob L
08-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Not sure I understand how you are interpretting how the compressor is acting... your preset has only enabled the compressor... your threshold of -6db will most likely not show any or much compression for pretty loud levels... try pulling the threshold way down into the -12 or -18db range and you will most likely see plenty of action... now back off the threshold until the GR meter just starts to activate at your loud level... then, if you try to push the volume past that, the comp should start to engage heavily.

Bob L

905shmick
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I created the preset during a SAW playback loop. I then removed the levelizer, added it back and loaded the preset and it was not acting like it was just before I removed it. I tried it again and still the same thing. If I manually changed the settings to something else and then put them back to the settings that I had saved with, it acts proper. Not sure why it's not working properly when I load the settings via a preset.

905shmick
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
If I load the preset before starting the engine or restart the engine after loading the preset then everything works as expected.

Maybe a new bug?

Bob L
08-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Could be... in fact the presets originally did not load while the engine was live... i think I know what is missing... there is an init routine that gets run when the engine starts... I think that me need to be called when the preset is loaded and the engine is already live.

Good Find.

Bob L

Bob L
08-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Fixed... I will have the update out as soon as I check a few other things that may be related. Sorry I mis-understood what you were trying to say in your first message.

Bob L

905shmick
08-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Beautiful.

Thanks for the incredibly fast turnaround time in getting it fixed.

Bud Johnson
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I'd be careful 905Shmick, you're getting dangerously close to Dave (It's a dry heat")'s turf!
In a SAC kind of way.........

Iain Westland
08-26-2009, 02:46 PM
as in 'real time'

905shmick
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm more than happy to go bug hunting when I know that the people who write the code actually care enough to fix things.