PDA

View Full Version : Levelizer on each Monitor Mix

IraSeigel
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
It would be nice to be able to set a Levelizer on Monitor Mixer 1 and be able to have that copy through to all the other monitor mixes you're using. Is that possible?

Also, is there a way at this time to differentiate one Levelizer from another, so that you can tell which monitor mixer it's on?

[I could imagine in the future a Shade variation for each Monitor Mixer, and then the Levelizer would pick up the Shade theme of that Mixer. Or not. :) Or change the numbering in the Trk window to give an indication of what Mixer it's plugged into.]

Thanks,
Ira

905shmick
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I was going to ask both of these questions the other night.

I'd also like to figure out if there's a way to have the vocal and drums reverbs assigned on Mon1 via aux1 and aux2 respectively, then have those in use on all of the monitor mixes.

gdougherty
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
It would be nice to be able to set a Levelizer on Monitor Mixer 1 and be able to have that copy through to all the other monitor mixes you're using. Is that possible?

Also, is there a way at this time to differentiate one Levelizer from another, so that you can tell which monitor mixer it's on?

[I could imagine in the future a Shade variation for each Monitor Mixer, and then the Levelizer would pick up the Shade theme of that Mixer. Or not. :) Or change the numbering in the Trk window to give an indication of what Mixer it's plugged into.]

Thanks,
Ira

It's not automatic. Setup one monitor output channel the way you want. Alt-Right-click on the output, Store Fx to memory, pick a cell. Switch monitors, hot channel will remain the same output channel, Alt-Right-click on the output, Recall Fx from memory, pick the same cell.

Bud Johnson
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
1- I believe yes in an upcoming release you could select (like channels) the mon-mixes you want, and load levelizer in one(=all) and load a preset. or not, I'm not Bob, I just play him on BB s.

2- No, (see #3)
3- Nice idea, IMHO, and solves #2.

905shmick
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Something else I've just noticed while using the SAW levelizer and reverb plugins - If you have a reverb on both Rtn1 and Rtn2 on Mixer Mon1 and then switch to another monitor mixer ie: Mon7 and toggle between Rtn1 and Rtn2 on Mon7 , you will see the reverb plugin switch to the settings that belong to the Rtn1 and Rtn2 of Mon1

Also, I just noticed there is no track # displayed on the SAW reverb plugin.

It would also be nice to have another FX box, similar to the FX pre/post selection boxes that showed you all of your FX in use at a glance. Sort it by monitor then channel then pre and post.

Bob L
08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
At the moment there is no provision for displaying Mixer numbers on the plugin windows, as this is quite a new concept.

So... the best way to work for now, until I add a wrapper window for all the plugs which will display mixers and chan numbers, is to make the adjustment and close the plugin window... then when you switch around, open the plugin from that mixer and you will know that you are adjusting the correct one.

The original design for SS was such that only one common plugin display was needed and it would chase all around the tracks, thereby saving lots of precious screen real-estate.

SAC is a different ballgame altogether.

As far as passing Aux Return processing down to various monitor mixers from FOH or Master Monitor 1 Mixer, you can set the Return chans on monitor mixers to pre or pst fdr from FOH or MON Mixer 1... this way you will be using the aux mix from that source without further cpu loading.

You can also copy entire chan strip details from one chan to another on the same or different mixers using the chan Store/Recall options... these do include FX patches, so you could patch anything you want on the first chan, the store that to a memory cell, then switch to other chans or mixers and recall that memory cell, which will instantly duplicate those settings, including FX plugs.

Bob L

905shmick
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
As far as passing Aux Return processing down to various monitor mixers from FOH or Master Monitor 1 Mixer, you can set the Return chans on monitor mixers to pre or pst fdr from FOH or MON Mixer 1... this way you will be using the aux mix from that source without further cpu loading.

I tried the pre/post M options on the returns and didn't get anything on the meters until I had noticed that Rtn1 didn't have an output selected. It's all working great now!

gdougherty
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I tried the pre/post M options on the returns and didn't get anything on the meters until I had noticed that Rtn1 didn't have an output selected. It's all working great now!

That got me the first time too.

Bob L
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
The returns are left unselected when not used to decrease cpu load... otherwise they have to process blank buffers all the way thru the entire aux chain all the time.

Bob L