PDA

View Full Version : Studio EQ preset recall issue.

gdougherty
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I was just tweaking my monitor mixes outdoors, setting limiters and a baseline EQ. I dropped the Rubberfilter low cut plugin I was using and decided to switch base monitor EQ's to the Studio EQ. With that and MAnalyzer I got a pretty decent sounding EQ and used the low cut rolled up to about 200Hz to drop the bottom end and help protect the little 8"s in my monitors. I set two limiters, one for each of my monitor amps so I stored the Studio EQ preset, stored a full channel preset with post-fade limiter and pre-fade EQ for one amp then recalled the limiter for the other amp and stored a second full channel preset. I now had the same EQ but the wrong limiter for the current amp I was using, so I recalled the correct channel preset just to test the settings. The EQ seems to recall fine and the low-cut shows the 200Hz value but suddenly I had tons of bass in the monitor. Tried recalling the EQ preset and still had tons of bass. Rolled the low-cut up 10Hz and the low-cut kicked in.

A seemingly related issue, the default Studio EQ state shows Off on the low-cut value but the pick list shows 100Hz as checked. You have to select some other value then reselect 100Hz before "Off" is no longer displayed and the low-cut is enabled.

905shmick
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Try restarting the engine. Perhaps it's a similar bug to the preset recall in the levelizer.

gdougherty
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Try restarting the engine. Perhaps it's a similar bug to the preset recall in the levelizer.

Thanks, will do.

Update: That does it. I'll be good for a preset setup, just have to remember to cycle the engine if I'm recalling new monitor configs on the fly.

Bob L
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes that is the same issue as the Levelizer fix I have ready to go.

These plugs were not designed to change presests with the engine live. I am modifying the init code for use in SAC.

The Eq Locut and HiCut filters are designed to use a right-click to toggle the filter on and off while keeping a preset frequency ready to go... that's what you are seeing on the menu display.

Bob L

gdougherty
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes that is the same issue as the Levelizer fix I have ready to go.

These plugs were not designed to change presests with the engine live. I am modifying the init code for use in SAC.

The Eq Locut and HiCut filters are designed to use a right-click to toggle the filter on and off while keeping a preset frequency ready to go... that's what you are seeing on the menu display.

Bob L

Cool, so that'll be a fix in the next release I take it?
Well, that right-click makes life easier, thanks for thinking of me ;)