PDA

View Full Version : Ch. Disable vs. Ch. Off for CPU load reduction

Ricci Dustin
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
I find that using the Channel disable can be cumbersum in trying to save CPU usage in regards to scene programming. I prefer using the Channel off in the input source window. Is there an advantage to go with one or the other for reducing the CPU burden?

905shmick
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Both do the same with regards to CPU load.

IraSeigel
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I find that using the Channel disable can be cumbersum in trying to save CPU usage in regards to scene programming. I prefer using the Channel off in the input source window. Is there an advantage to go with one or the other for savings on the CPU burden?

Bob answered this for me last week.

No difference for CPU load. They both eliminate the load on the CPU. Bob pointed out that if you use the Channel Disable button, you can still keep it patched for a particular input without the CPU load if you want, then Enable to use it. I think that's pretty handy.

Ira

Ricci Dustin
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
The other danger with using channel disable is it will not show up in a partial scene list if it changes in your scene. That one bit me bad.

UpTilDawn
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
The other danger with using channel disable is it will not show up in a partial scene list if it changes in your scene. That one bit me bad.

Maybe that's one Bob should consider adding to the list.

Bob L
08-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes... I may consider having it attach to the I/A scene property so its visible when it will activate or not.

Bob L