PDA

View Full Version : idea for DX/VST preset automation

TotalSonic
06-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi Bob -
While I can totally understand your reluctance to incorporate complete automation of DX & VST plugin parameters considering the fact that SAW's Native plugin API is already so streamlined, and that it would require tons of hours coding it considering the clunkiness of MS's & Steinbergs API's, and that there are so many variables introduced by the different plugins themselves - I was thinking one very cool way to incorporate some basic ability to automate these things would be to let the loading of SAW's vsp or dxp preset files be able to be an automateable event. That way if someone for example wanted to change a setting in mid song of say their Waves C4 (still waiting for a native multiband comp!) instead of having to load two instances of the plugin on the track with different settings and automate bypasses you could just load the single plugin instance and create as many dxp presets as needed and they automate the load point for the settings you want to go to. I think this would take care of the vast majority of SAWusers needs as far as DX & VST plugin automation go.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Bob L
06-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Steve,

That is a good idea and one that has been on my ToDo list for a while to look into...

Thanks for reminding me of it... perhaps I can move it up a few notches toward the top of the list. :)

Bob L

TotalSonic
06-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Steve,

That is a good idea and one that has been on my ToDo list for a while to look into...

Thanks for reminding me of it... perhaps I can move it up a few notches toward the top of the list. :)

Bob L

:) :-) :) :-) :)
THANKS!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Perry
06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
WOW!~

Great idea! This would be very useful... and very cool!!! I'd love to see this come to light. :cool:

Perry

Yura
06-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Thank you Steve and thank you Bob!
I just cannot imagine what person would not consider that idea is great!
SPLENDID!!!

Pedro Itriago
06-05-2004, 05:24 AM
Me, just in spite :p

Dave Labrecque
06-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Steve:

In the meantime, you could load several instances of your plug, each with different settings, and automate the by-pass of each, so that they take turns. But I'm sure you thought of that, too.

Angie
06-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Steve:

In the meantime, you could load several instances of your plug, each with different settings, and automate the by-pass of each, so that they take turns. But I'm sure you thought of that, too.

Yes, but one gets to the point where too many instances start to bog things down even when they are all bypassed. Your solution would most likely avoid that. Great idea Dave.

Dave Labrecque
06-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Yes, but one gets to the point where too many instances start to bog things down even when they are all bypassed. Your solution would most likely avoid that. Great idea Dave.

Angie,

I'm not following you. It sounds like you're saying my idea would bog things down, but would also avoid that.

Dave :confused: