PDA

View Full Version : OT: You know you are in your studio too much when..

mike_da_min
09-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I've had a crappy day and I am headed to the studio to make some music and settle down. I thought this would be a cool thread for all you studio kats who spend countless hours in your studio and your the only one who doesnt realize it. So I'll start with a few

You know your in the studio too much when....

- you eat dinner at 3 in the morning
- you know every music stores number around you in a twenty mile radius
- you have a stack of cables somewhere that you just don't feel like
unraveling because you're not using them anyways
- your kids bring you ads for music gear even if they dont know what it
is...they think you can tell them
- you've ran a mixing session in your "undies" (by yourself of course)
- there's a pillow somewhere hidden in your studio
- you completely hate GUITAR CENTER cause they never sell you what you
want

Keep em coming

John Ludlow
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
...there are more dirty dishes in your studio than in your kitchen.

...the studio gear cabinets are the only organized cabinets left in the house.

...the only excercize you've had in days is charging up the stairs to answer the phone before the machine gets it.

Sean McCoy
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
...your four year old daughter looks at your picture at home and says to Mom, " I wish Daddy still lived here."

(true story, and a major impetus behind building my current home studio)

Kimbo
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
You're so sick of your bands new project that you've written, played bass, sang, recorded, and mixed( while waiting on the graphics) that your friends say "step away from the computer" You never want to hear it, again unless it's on the radio!!!

CurtZHP
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
...your tinnitus sounds a bit like computer fan noise.

dragoodan
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
.. You can write over 5 reasons in this topic :D

Mike Bizanovich
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
... you have copies of SawStudio manuals on your nightstand, in your car, your desk at work (day job), the bathroom(s), and the electronic version on the desktop of any of the dozen or more pcs you might happen to be working on.

Mike Bizanovich
Wheeling, WV

CurtZHP
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
... you have copies of SawStudio manuals on your nightstand, in your car, your desk at work (day job), the bathroom(s), and the electronic version on the desktop of any of the dozen or more pcs you might happen to be working on.

Mike Bizanovich
Wheeling, WV

.....you DON'T NEED no steenking manual!!

AcousticGlue
09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
When your bottom gets sore spots from sitting too long in your chair.

wascomat
09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
...You run a mixdown session and everyone is in their undies.
(oh, the humanity) :o

MikeDee
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Hopefully not too much humanity showing there.... :eek::p

Ian Alexander
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
...you shuffle down to the home studio in your robe and slippers after the kids leave for school at 7am and you're still there, dressed the same way, when they get home at 3pm. And when you're called to supper at 6pm. Etc.:o

bcorkery
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
You get a nightly call from your wife with the same question, "Do you know what time it is?" And you could probably have recorded the same answer years ago, "Aw heck, I didn't know it was that late!"

Hmm, maybe Loopazoid directly to the telephone hybrid?

Carl G.
09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
...you shuffle down to the home studio in your robe and slippers after the kids leave for school at 7am and you're still there, dressed the same way, when they get home at 3pm. And when you're called to supper at 6pm. Etc.:o

Ian, THAT's hillarious!! (gee... I wonder why? :) )

Dave Labrecque
09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
You get a nightly call from your wife with the same question, "Do you know what time it is?" And you could probably have recorded the same answer years ago, "Aw heck, I didn't know it was that late!"

Hmm, maybe Loopazoid directly to the telephone hybrid?

Duuude... cool new avatar/logo. :cool:

Phil
09-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Your on a first name basis with the pizza delivery guy. :)

And he tells his friends he's busy because he's hanging out at your studio! :cool:

Your daughters boyfriend is in trouble for staying out late at the studio.

CurtZHP
09-23-2009, 07:59 PM
You lean back in the chair and close your eyes while listening to a mix......

.....and wake up two hours later!

bcorkery
09-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Duuude... cool new avatar/logo. :cool:Thanks Dave. My baby bro did it along with my new web site. His "Hedy Lamarr" graced the box and Corel Draw's ads for years.

Dave Labrecque
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Dave. My baby bro did it along with my new web site. His "Hedy Lamarr" graced the box and Corel Draw's ads for years.

I was just reading up on Hedy over at Wikipedia. Looks like there was a law suit over that illustration. I hope your baby bro got out okay. ;)

Hedy Lamarr sued your brother. How cool is that? OK, not that cool, I guess. :o

bcorkery
09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Wow! I'll have to ask him about that.

Thanks.

jcgriggs
09-25-2009, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Corel that was sued for using the image commercially without her permission. I was working for them at the time...

Iain Westland
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
when your son just cocks his head a touch to the sideand furrows his eye brows for a moment before saying 'Hi daddy'

mike_da_min
10-23-2009, 07:05 PM
When you tell your son lets go to the studio he packs a bag that has a lunch, school books, a snack, and his pajamas!!!!!

AudioAstronomer
10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
You walk into the studio first thing in the morning and your drink is still ice cold. :(

Perry
10-25-2009, 10:40 PM
The world ended and you hadn't noticed? :eek:

Perry
10-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Your wife left you and she was gone for days already and you didn't know it. :eek::eek:

Perry
10-25-2009, 10:48 PM
'She' called from her mother's to tell you that she had left you but had to leave a message because you were in the middle of a mix and didn't pick up the phone. :eek:

Uhhhh... this is getting depressing.... waaaay to close to home!!! :(

So... I'm going back to work.. don't bother me!!! :p

Pedro Itriago
10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Nice to see you around here Perry. How're things going.