PDA

View Full Version : Store/Recall All Funcionality

Dave Labrecque
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Just noticed that if I store all from one channel and recall it to another, if the FX are bypassed for either pre or post patch points, that status does not transfer as part of the FX info. Should it?

As might be expected, the same thing holds true when storing/recalling only the FX info from one channel to another.

It begs the question: is there a way to duplicate an entire channel's settings? I always thought this was the way. Does storing all to a file act differently than storing all to a memory cell? If so, perhaps they should not be both called "store all".

Hmmm... I just tested it. Storing all to memory cell and to file both act the same vis-a-vis FX patch point bypass state (i.e., they're not included). Yikes. :eek: I don't know how many times I've depended on replicating individual channels over the years! One wonders what other mixer settings may not be included in the store/recall all process.

Best case... this is the only thing not included in store/recall all, and I've never had the FX bypassed when using this function. :) Of course, I've never noticed anything in the past while mixing, so how bad could it be? ;)

Bud Johnson
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Careful, AES might force you to do a PSA announcing a recall of all your client mixes pending an FX check!:D

UpTilDawn
09-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Recall all from file and/or cell also does not engage the output channel assignment if the engine is running when the file is recalled. I understand why now, but that one caught me off guard at first. It's just a matter of adjusting to the behavior of the program for me in this case.

It does make you stop and wonder what else you might have missed in past recalls though, that's for sure.

I use these features ALL the time.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing other than what you mentioned Dave...

DanT

Rabbit
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I ran into this for the first time, that I know of, a couple of weeks ago. I thought maybe I'd saved the channel wrong somehow and was too busy to spend time trying to figure out what was happening. Good to know I hadn't screwed up. :D

Dave Labrecque
09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure there's nothing other than what you mentioned Dave...

Hope so. We'd have noticed anything missing with EQ and dynamics and aux, right? I guess all that's left is the top and bottom of the channel strip. Several items, though.

Bob L
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
It has been discovered that saving presets on some of the plugs has left out a few controls... like hi and lo cut parameters in the eq... etc. I have fixed those issues in the last updates.

The bypass switch on my plugs is generally left out of a preset save and recall... on purpose, which is what the chan store/recall operation uses... because it is something that is happening live manually... and it is only designed to change the settings without affecting the current bypass status.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
09-11-2009, 11:35 PM
It has been discovered that saving presets on some of the plugs has left out a few controls... like hi and lo cut parameters in the eq... etc. I have fixed those issues in the last updates.

The bypass switch on my plugs is generally left out of a preset save and recall... on purpose, which is what the chan store/recall operation uses... because it is something that is happening live manually... and it is only designed to change the settings without affecting the current bypass status.

Bob L

Bob, please re-read my posts. It's not plug-in bypass state that's being missed (well, having read your post, I guess so, but that's not what I'm talking about). I'm talking about the mixer FX patch point bypass status that's being missed. And perhaps other mixer settings (one wonders)?

Bob L
09-12-2009, 04:55 AM
The chan recall mixer bypass switch seems to recall fine on my tests.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
The chan recall mixer bypass switch seems to recall fine on my tests.

Bob L

I can't seem to avoid it:

1 Open SAW.
2 Patch the Levelizer into both the Pre and Post patch points on channel 1.
3 Bypass the pre patch point on channel 1.
4 Alt-right-click on channel 1, choose Store All To Memory Cell 1.
5 Alt-right-click on chnnel 2, choose Recall All From Memory Cell 1.
6 Confirm that the pre patch point is bypassed on channel 1 and not bypassed on channel 2.

SAW also crashed twice as I was doing this re-testing just now, playing with the alt-right-click channel menu and then switching back to the browser to type this. Have not been able to re-create it. Weird.

FYI... the above test gives the same results using the Store All From Channel To File/Recall All From File To Channel operation as well as for the Save All To File From Memory Cell/Load All To Memory Cell From File operation. Of course, for the latter, you have to do the store/recall to/from memory cell operation to complete the test.

Bob L
09-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Well... not sure what I was doing differently... but your tests fails everytime... interesting... I'll look into it.

Bob L

ivanoff
09-13-2009, 02:28 AM
i try
1/ bypass prepost FX in the Mixer view
copy ( from cell 1 ) the prepost FX is not bypass in the Mixer view and my phone is ringing, a collector say that i paid too much taxes and they will pay back the last three years.

2/ bypass the levelizer switch in the prepost window
copy and recall from cell 1 : the levelizer bypass switch is on. Then phone is ringing again, collector say that it was a mistake.

I put a right feet kick in my PC, then Saw scratch.....

Reboot, try again 1/ and 2/ same results
i try with the left feet, Saw scratch again....

Ivanoff

Carl G.
09-13-2009, 04:04 AM
i try
1/ bypass prepost FX in the Mixer view
copy ( from cell 1 ) the prepost FX is not bypass in the Mixer view and my phone is ringing, a collector say that i paid too much taxes and they will pay back the last three years.

2/ bypass the levelizer switch in the prepost window
copy and recall from cell 1 : the levelizer bypass switch is on. Then phone is ringing again, collector say that it was a mistake.

I put a right feet kick in my PC, then Saw scratch.....

Reboot, try again 1/ and 2/ same results
i try with the left feet, Saw scratch again....

Ivanoff
I would like to try step 1 just even once and get the result you had with the phone ringing!

UpTilDawn
09-13-2009, 05:38 AM
I would like to try step 1 just even once and get the result you had with the phone ringing!

Of course, you could only confirm that this step works correctly once the rebate arrives in the mail.... Also, you could only confirm that this step works consistently with multiple tests. :)

Dave Labrecque
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Well... not sure what I was doing differently... but your tests fails everytime... interesting... I'll look into it.

Bob L

Thanks, Bob. :)