PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Hangs After Closing

Carl G.
09-22-2009, 11:48 AM
After closing various EDLs and trying to open others, SawStudio consistantly hangs on my system (doesn't open the new EDL... hangs... and eventually goes to the windows message box - 'you must close SS'.
I can't recall it ever doing that earlier this year.

However, when given the same EDLs, it does not happen if I exit first (instead of close EDL) before reopening another EDL. Why?

Anyone else get the same?

(I'll try it eliminating plugins one at a time... but just curious other's responses at the moment).

Bud Johnson
09-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Nope!

ivanoff
09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
a virus ?

Rabbit
09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Not happening here...

Carl G.
09-22-2009, 01:23 PM
After closing various EDLs and trying to open others, SawStudio consistantly hangs on my system (doesn't open the new EDL... hangs... and eventually goes to the windows message box - 'you must close SS'.
I can't recall it ever doing that earlier this year.

However, when given the same EDLs, it does not happen if I exit first (instead of close EDL) before reopening another EDL. Why?

Anyone else get the same?

(I'll try it eliminating plugins one at a time... but just curious other's responses at the moment).

Update: I can also simply open new (recent) session directly from any session (chosing NO to option to save current session), and the new (recent) session opens perfectly (without exiting SawStudio). BUT... when I first CLOSE the original session then attempting to open the same new (recent) session crashes SawStudio. Happens everythime. So the bug here is... when "closing a session" leaving SawStudio open... trying to open a new recent session crashes SawStudio (here).

Bob L
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Perhaps you have some default mix template saved that is corrupt or has some corrupt plugin patches happening.

Try clearing the Default Mix Template option... whether you think you have one or not... then restart SS and see what happens.

Bob L

Carl G.
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Perhaps you have some default mix template saved that is corrupt or has some corrupt plugin patches happening.

Try clearing the Default Mix Template option... whether you think you have one or not... then restart SS and see what happens.

Bob L

Bob... that did the trick! Thanks!