PDA

View Full Version : Native Instruments Akoustic Piano VSTi

txshonk
09-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Heres a weird one:

So something has happened on my DAW to where if I try to open an edl file with Native Instruments Acoustic Piano plug in it - it crashes SAW.

It was working fine until my PC crashed iduring a SAW project. Afterward anytime I open a project with the plug in it crashes. I can open the projects by removing the ini file from the VST folder.

I have tried reinstalling the plug and the sample libraries and creating a new ini file. No luck.

Any ideas?

Dave

Bob L
09-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Can you start with a clean edl and then patch in the plugin, and does it work... will that save correctly and re-open without crashing?

If so... then somehow the saved plugin param data in the edl is corrupted... so, temporarily remove the .ini link file... open the edl... remove the plugin from the patch window... resave the edl, then you can put back the ini file link and open the edl... repatch the plugin... reset its params and resave the edl... that should fix it.

Bob L

txshonk
09-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Bob -

I tinkered a little more - if I build a new edl with no audio in the MT but the VST on a track - the file will open. As soon as I add audio into MT then save and try to open the edl - SAW crashes on opening the file after initializing the VST.

Any ideas?

Dave

Bob L
09-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Does the piano plug play in a new edl before saving.... perhaps just the save settings routine is causing some corruption.

Bob L

txshonk
09-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Bob -

Heres some more details.

Created a new project - put the NI Akoustic Piano plug on channel one - loaded the preset/samples into the plug. Played just fine in live mode.

Saved the project - closed SAW and reopened the project - the Piano plug worked again in live mode.

I then added an audio file to track two - I then ran the audio and played the plug while the audio engine was running - worked fine.

Saved the project again - closed SAW. When I attempt to reopen the project I see the VST loading the samples and then shortly there after I get the attached error popup.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Dave

Bob L
09-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Nope... does not help... although it is odd that adding an unrelated audio file to another track would break the VST plug when reloading its parameter settings.

What happens if the plugin is patched to a track further down the MT and audio files are loaded on earlier tracks... does that fix it... in other words... audio on tracks 1-4... plugin on 5.... nothing after track 5.

Bob L

txshonk
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Track order doesnt seem to have any impact same effect. I reran the SAW installation (didnt delete the original folder) and also made no difference.

Once I make sure I have all my preferences etc backed up - Ill try deleting my SAW folder and do a complete reinstall and see if that helps.

Not sure it will but figured it was worth the try,

ffarrell
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Make use it is still authorized correctly, I had a bout with B4 a one point and it was not authorized anymore after running it for about a year.

thanks
fvf

Track order doesnt seem to have any impact same effect. I reran the SAW installation (didnt delete the original folder) and also made no difference.

Once I make sure I have all my preferences etc backed up - Ill try deleting my SAW folder and do a complete reinstall and see if that helps.

Not sure it will but figured it was worth the try,

txshonk
09-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Frank - I am good on authourizations. Thanks for throwing any bone this one had me stumped.

So I started a complete reinstall - a file that was crashing seems to work until I put my shade in - so somehow I am guessing my shade file got corrupted? But if I use a shade file from before having the problems I still get the same problem. So the shade file isnt corrupt.

I kinda have grown to like my shade - so any ideas on what can be causing the problem in the shade?

WARDAK
09-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Heres a weird one:

So something has happened on my DAW to where if I try to open an edl file with Native Instruments Acoustic Piano plug in it - it crashes SAW.

It was working fine until my PC crashed iduring a SAW project. Afterward anytime I open a project with the plug in it crashes. I can open the projects by removing the ini file from the VST folder.

I have tried reinstalling the plug and the sample libraries and creating a new ini file. No luck.

Any ideas?

Dave

Dave check the NI User forum Native Acoustic Piano does this with every other DAW it has been an ongoing problem 3yrs now and NI has done nothing about it. I have tried it in SAMPLITUDE, REAPER, PRO TOOL LE, and SAWSTUDIO same behavior my solution was to stop using it very sad because it's a great sounding plug-in.

txshonk
09-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Dave check the NI User forum Native Acoustic Piano does this with every other DAW it has been an ongoing problem 3yrs now and NI has done nothing about it. I have tried it in SAMPLITUDE, REAPER, PRO TOOL LE, and SAWSTUDIO same behavior my solution was to stop using it very sad because it's a great sounding plug-in.

That sux - I didnt even think of looking on the NI forum - cuz it worked flawlessly for 2 months. Yes I love the sound too.

I got it running last night - but when I tried to record a track from it I got a buffer uder run error. I may see if grabbing a windows restore point prior to the breakage helps resolve.

If not I may consider spending a day on a windows rebuild to get it back.

But we will see.

Dave

MikeDee
09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
To make matters worse, I understand that Akoustik Piano -- and B4II -- will no longer be supported by NI in the very near future.

I believe neither is part of Komplete 6...so methinks I'll stop at 5.

They should remove copy-protection on these products if they're not gonna support them while removing them from their package upgrades. Yea, like that'll happen...nice goin', NI! :mad:

Ian Alexander
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I have far less respect now for the knights who say NI!

ambler
10-01-2009, 01:31 AM
To make matters worse, I understand that Akoustik Piano -- and B4II -- will no longer be supported by NI in the very near future.

I believe neither is part of Komplete 6...so methinks I'll stop at 5.

They should remove copy-protection on these products if they're not gonna support them while removing them from their package upgrades. Yea, like that'll happen...nice goin', NI! :mad:

If you own accoustic piano you can still use it, with the new Kontakt player which is free and supported and upgraded. you still have all the features, just using a different interface. The same applies to Electric Piano which has also been discontinued. I don't know why NI hasn't made this more clear.

Of course B4II and Pro53 have also been discontinued and as they are not sample based instruments they will not work in the Kontakt player.

Komplete 6 does not include these four programs but the price has been cut in half. So for new users it still represents very good value. If you are a komplete 5 user (like me) you can still install and use the discontinued programs if you upgrade to Komplete 6. So in my case nothing has really been lost.

NI's PR department must be on holidays or something. This whole business has generated a great deal of ill feeling. The actual situation is not nearly as bad as it seems.

Mark

AcousticGlue
10-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I have far less respect now for the knights who say NI!

You Python-er!

AcousticGlue
10-01-2009, 07:57 AM
If you own accoustic piano you can still use it, with the new Kontakt player which is free and supported and upgraded. you still have all the features, just using a different interface. The same applies to Electric Piano which has also been discontinued. I don't know why NI hasn't made this more clear.

Of course B4II and Pro53 have also been discontinued and as they are not sample based instruments they will not work in the Kontakt player.

Komplete 6 does not include these four programs but the price has been cut in half. So for new users it still represents very good value. If you are a komplete 5 user (like me) you can still install and use the discontinued programs if you upgrade to Komplete 6. So in my case nothing has really been lost.

NI's PR department must be on holidays or something. This whole business has generated a great deal of ill feeling. The actual situation is not nearly as bad as it seems.

Mark

Can't you just export the sounds as a certain file type and import into another rompler or something?

Mike Bizanovich
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Mark

That's a shame. B4II is what I use the most and it suffers greatly with hung notes in MWS. I was hoping for a magic-cure in the update. With the way the plug sounds and the available control features, I can't believe it's not one of the more popular toys in the box. :confused:

Mike Bizanovich
Wheeling, WV

Bob L
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Boot into a single cpu and I bet your hung notes will dissapear... this bug has been there since the first B4 version... And... this problem exists in the stand-alone version as well as the plugin... so that pretty much takes MWS out of the picture... at least that is my experience here with the original B4... which I love, by the way.

Use the boot.ini /onecpu option... you must force the system to see only 1 cpu.

Bob L

ambler
10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Can't you just export the sounds as a certain file type and import into another rompler or something?

In the case of Akoustik Piano and Electrik Piano, yes you can, or you can use Kontakt if you have it or the free kontakt player if you don't. Both of these programs are just Kontakt sample sets with there own interfaces.

B4II and Pro53 are both self contained synths and are not sample based at all so it's the end of the line for them, but they are both matured programs that work well and will continue to do so.

Mark