PDA

View Full Version : TCIP - revisited

Arco
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Being a solo musician/SAW operator here I find myself relying on tcip-mode more and more.

Not sure what happened but my remote mode went south. I've carefully gone over everything and have gotten it to the point where I can see regions and play/record...excellent.

But I still don't have video. I consistently get an "error building video.." (can't remember the exact wording) on the remote laptop.

Is there a step-by-step FAQ somewhere on this? I've found various posts and breathlessly follow them until the end when their solution doesn't fit my problem.

any ideas..?

bcorkery
09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Acro,

I'm not sure if it's related, but this is a similar message to what I get when the codec can't read my video file. Are you transcoding to AVI?

Bob L
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Arco,

Video decoding requires the proper codec to decode the particular compression scheme of the video file.

Does your video open on the host machine correctly?

If so... you must be sure to have the same set of codecs installed on the remote machine also to open the same video.

You will also need to make sure you have sharing rights on the remote to access the video file across the network.

Bob L

Arco
09-30-2009, 04:05 AM
yes..always AVI :-) and the video opens fine on host machine. I will check the access across the network.

It was working, video and all...this network stuff is just strange. I swear it was a service pack that sent my setup spinning but can't find anything about it on the web...

Is there some network snooping app that can suss all this out?

905shmick
09-30-2009, 08:14 AM
AVI is not a codec, it's just a container.

Arco
09-30-2009, 08:35 AM
understood. but the video WAS working...anyway, I'll check if the a copy of the file will open on the laptop (might as well check everything)

e