I am going through options/feasibility of allowing a mic to muted/unmuted in the FOH mix by a musician onstage. reason is to allow communication via IEMs among musicinas using the same stage mics used FOH.

Option 1: Have a remote laptop/PC at the mic stand with FOH access - so the ability to mute themselves in the mains.

Option 2: Use the SAW Control Track to contol scenes in SAC that mute/unmute specific channels in the mains. The Control Track could be midi controlled by stompboxes at the mic stands triggering the mute/unmute scenes. Controlled by something like:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodf8.htm

Option 3: Devise an A/B splitter to route the mic to two different ins into SAC one hot in the mains one not.

All options have problems - Option 1) giving mixer control to FOH scares me. - Option 2) Wouldnt allow for SAW to be recording the show in the background (as triggering the scenes through the control track would require moving SAW along the timeline). Option 3) Sucks up physical inputs.

So thats options I have come up with in my brain - just wondering if theres something I have missed.

Dave