Close

1. Default Tablet issue again

I know Bob and a couple others had input on this, but I'm still working with this Motion Computing LE1600 tablet PC as a remote for SAC. It connects up using a G-wireless card and I have great use for this.

When I use an external mouse, the faders respond as expected; i.e. the cursor jumps to the fader position when I click near it.

With the PEN, however, the fader jumps to the cursor when I click near it. This is not a good deal, because it can result in big level changes accidentally.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this tablet or how to change the setting? The cursor for the pen is different than for an external mouse. I think that's a clue. I've turned off the press and hold to right click feature. I can't find any other settings to try.

The tablet is running Windows 7 and works very well, I'd just to figure out this tweak to make it a little easier to use.

Thanks again

J - full of questions - J
    TD
    KCC

Default Re: Tablet issue again

J,

Use the Touch Screen Mode option on the Mixer menu... this will force you to click ON the controls... they will no longer jump.

I will once again suggest... read thru the helpfile or pdf manual at least one time from front to back... all of these questions and many more you have'nt thought to ask will be answered.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Tablet issue again

Thanks Bob, I have been working my way through the help file.

I just tried the Touch Screen mode and I see what you're saying. It still doesn't behave like the external mouse where the cursor jumps to the fader, but I see it's less dangerous than the alternative.

Thank you for the follow up. I will work with this for now.

JJ

Default Re: Tablet issue again

If you think about it for one moment... how can the program get your finger or the touch pen to jump to the fader.

Obviously... that can only happen with a mouse.

Bob L

5. Default Re: Tablet issue again

You can if you select the Tractor Beam option right below Touch Screen Mode.