Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reverb Impulse sets Link

I am falling in love with Reverberate LE and the TC 6000 Big Jazz Scene setting at zero delay. It is working great for me in SAC. Nice show guys...
    Best to all!
    David

Hey,
    im new in this forum and i am using SAC since a couple of weeks now. still a lot to test and play arround, but i have a 0 slipped buffer system with around 30 inputs running on an AMD CPU.

so far everything is fine, but last week i tried Reverberate, even bought it, just to realise that it crashes my remote when patched into the main mix.

is there a workaround or are there obvious reasons why it can crash my remote? i am using an pretty old router, but wired, so network speed should be no problem.

i would be very thankful for some help on this

I've been using Reverberate for about a year now. It's not remote compatible but works well. The new core version is LE on a bit of steroids without the nag screen. The full version bumped up in price recently, but it's still reasonable. There's enough editability on the envelopes that you can shape samples into whatever you need.

SIR2 as I recall is remote capable, may be worth the price difference for those that really want it.

Don't know about anyone else, but Hal's link didn't get me straight to the samples. Here's another. I carry them all in my SAC rig. Make sure you keep them out of the SAC folder for easiest management.

http://rhythminmind.net/1313/?cat=182

I'll also say I love the Bricasti M7 impulses myself.
    Last edited by gdougherty; 11-08-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KarelNoon View Post
    Hey,
    im new in this forum and i am using SAC since a couple of weeks now. still a lot to test and play arround, but i have a 0 slipped buffer system with around 30 inputs running on an AMD CPU.

so far everything is fine, but last week i tried Reverberate, even bought it, just to realise that it crashes my remote when patched into the main mix.

is there a workaround or are there obvious reasons why it can crash my remote? i am using an pretty old router, but wired, so network speed should be no problem.

i would be very thankful for some help on this
    Doesn't work, period. The data set is much too large for the remote to handle. Don't install on the remote and everything works fine. I use tightVNC when I have to, otherwise I do what Bob recommends with the RML Reverb and create some basic scenes for different settings. You can always import the scenes into other sessions if you need. Either that or create some starting point sessions with the scenes already in them.

I had problems with Reverberate LE too with the remote for Sac. I recently checked out the demo of 2c Aether, and personally I think it sounds better the Reverberate, and you don't have to mess around with a bunch of impulses. The problems I had with Reverberate in regards to Sac, just turn me off because as far as live sound goes, there's no time for any problems whatsoever in that environment. So if something gives me one second of trouble, bye bye.. 2c Aether has that nice fizzy high open air sound that I've been looking for in a reverb plugin that I've never heard even from Reverberate. NOT metallic, I hate that metallic sound! I have not used 2c from a remote standpoint with Sac yet, but I don't need to. I like it too much to not use it for any reason. I have to say that it does use up some substantial CPU power though. But it's worth it.
    Last edited by Leadfoot; 11-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I had problems with Reverberate LE too with the remote for Sac. I recently checked out the demo of 2c Aether, and personally I think it sounds better the Reverberate, and you don't have to mess around with a bunch of impulses. The problems I had with Reverberate in regards to Sac, just turn me off because as far as live sound goes, there's no time for any problems whatsoever in that environment. So if something gives me one second of trouble, bye bye.. 2c Aether has that nice fizzy high open air sound that I've been looking for in a reverb plugin that I've never heard even from Reverberate. NOT metallic, I hate that metallic sound! I have not used 2c from a remote standpoint with Sac yet, but I don't need to. I like it too much to not use it for any reason. I have to say that it does use up some substantial CPU power though. But it's worth it.
    Reverberate has no "sound" itself. It's completely dependent on the samples you use.

I think LE was working from the remote last I checked, but I'm not 100% sure. You'd certainly need to have the samples on the host and remote in matching directory names. If LE works, Core may be remotable as well.

Well if you have an entire evening to kill downloading Impulse Responses, take a look here;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printv...=62458&start=0

Some are a lot better than others but many useful things. Most of these I knew about already but I found some new stuff this evening as well.

A sound designer can never get enough of these.... for the recording engineer however you're probably better off having a small stock of the better ones or you can spend an entire evening going through them to find the best match for what you're looking for.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    Reverberate has no "sound" itself. It's completely dependent on the samples you use.

I think LE was working from the remote last I checked, but I'm not 100% sure. You'd certainly need to have the samples on the host and remote in matching directory names. If LE works, Core may be remotable as well.

Update, played around with Core this afternoon to see if I could remote control it. It's just as broken as the full version. Linking SACRemote with it patched crashes SACRemote and patching it and controlling/updating afterward will crash SAC's network hosting link (this is on 2.7).

Core would be the less expensive and probably adequately featured version for live use. I really don't touch the second IR sample set in the first version.

9. Default Re: Reverb Impulse sets Link

I am using Reveberate Core. I tried the LE version, but as previous software developer, I am always willing to pay for something that serves me well.... So for all of you LE users, please remember that it is donationware! Please donate to these projects, as that they are obviously serving the SAC community well. When you consider the amounts of great IR sets available for free, and the thousands of dollars they replace in outboard gear, I think dropping $50 shouldn't even be a consideration. I see postings about a nag screen... Don't complain about... accept the fact that the developer provided you a free-to-use scaled down version of a great tool that you get for only $50.

Now that I am done ranting. I have both Reverberate and Bpb's Reverb. I like them both. Having the flexibility of loading Reverberate with an IR of an old favorite outboard program is great. However, you can't beat Bob's reverb for the sound-per-cpu-load. I do both music and theatrical production work. I am fairly new to the SAC use, but in my limited experiences, I see using convolution reverbs more in theatrical environment where I can create unusual effects. I used several instances of Bob's reverb last night with a rock gig... Drum verb, a bit for some vocal ballads, and even an insert for an acoustic guitar... LOVE IT. I tried some IR's through Rverberate Core, but I found I could fit my needs with a much lower load using Bob's reverb.

For those of you worrying about remoting... Just build a scene to recall your favorite reverb presets. You can easily select the scene which will recall the preset via the scene. Just dump your Reverberate into a return, select you preset, and then store the scene selecting just the Return channel... whenever you need to change presets, select the scene from you remote.

Quote Originally Posted by brianklock View Post
    I am using Reveberate Core. I tried the LE version, but as previous software developer, I am always willing to pay for something that serves me well.... So for all of you LE users, please remember that it is donationware! Please donate to these projects, as that they are obviously serving the SAC community well. When you consider the amounts of great IR sets available for free, and the thousands of dollars they replace in outboard gear, I think dropping $50 shouldn't even be a consideration. I see postings about a nag screen... Don't complain about... accept the fact that the developer provided you a free-to-use scaled down version of a great tool that you get for only $50.

Now that I am done ranting. I have both Reverberate and Bpb's Reverb. I like them both. Having the flexibility of loading Reverberate with an IR of an old favorite outboard program is great. However, you can't beat Bob's reverb for the sound-per-cpu-load. I do both music and theatrical production work. I am fairly new to the SAC use, but in my limited experiences, I see using convolution reverbs more in theatrical environment where I can create unusual effects. I used several instances of Bob's reverb last night with a rock gig... Drum verb, a bit for some vocal ballads, and even an insert for an acoustic guitar... LOVE IT. I tried some IR's through Rverberate Core, but I found I could fit my needs with a much lower load using Bob's reverb.

For those of you worrying about remoting... Just build a scene to recall your favorite reverb presets. You can easily select the scene which will recall the preset via the scene. Just dump your Reverberate into a return, select you preset, and then store the scene selecting just the Return channel... whenever you need to change presets, select the scene from you remote.
    Seconded on purchasing Core. Don't think he's modified LE so it gets rid of the nag screen after you donate. That was the reason I picked up the full version.